Mater Rides... (1 Viewer)

Steve I have watched that car in pictures and magazines for years! Very cool to know it is still in the family. :cool:

Eric, I sure like your ride as well. Can't wait to see you running it this summer at Eddyville. :D

Mr. Corvette doesn't get much exercise with all the spare time being spent on our Altered! ;)

Rapid

Laura is bound and determined we need to get it out more again. I used to drive that poor thing to death!! :D

Mike, {my boy}, keeps saying we need to take it racing again instead of the AA/FA all the time.

So with all that, I can see it coming out to play a bit more. ;)

Rapid

philbennett05wallpaperqc0.jpg

Photo by Sharkman www.topendtales.com

225in Super Comp Dragster, 355ci SBC, Rons Racing Flying Toilet Injection, All Home Built, Super Series Champion 2002, 8.60 best with the throttle stop on!

Dan

Nice looking car, what's it's best with the throttle stop off?

Heres a picture of "the family's car" i guess you could say. It used to be Grandpas daily driver, then he started racing it a little bit and after 30+ years or so this is what it looks like now, ...

And yes, this is the same car. Just with a full tube chassis, fiberglass front end & doors and a chopped roof. But other than that the rest of the body is the same.

That's really cool Steven, I didn't know this was a steel car~!!

Cool! :cool:

That's really cool Steven, I didn't know this was a steel car~!!

Cool! :cool:
Yup, all 2,850 pounds...lol thats heavy for most pro mod cars now-a-days, and the chassis is so old school, it hasnt been redone sine they first started laying tubes (other than the required bars that sfi has added since the car was first built). Every year she still certs perfect and has never had any problems.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back