American All Inclusive Resorts? (1 Viewer)

Joker

Nitro Member
Last Fri night I won a 60 person poker tourney and first prize was 2 plane tickets anywhere/anytime SWA flys but they have to be used by Jan 24th, 08.

So my wife and I have looked into flying to FL and taking a cruise, going to Vegas, etc. I wished SWA flew to the Caribbean but they dont so thats out unless we take a cruise but I have always wanted to go to like a Sandals resort but I cant find anything like it here in the US anywhere. Anybody know of any all inclusive places here in the US? I yahoo'd, google'd, etc and couldnt find but two and one was ridiculously high and the other was a cabin in Tenn. but SWA only flys to Nashville.

Also we thought about going to Niagra Falls and this is a stupid question, but I dont know the answer. My wife said it freezes during the winter, I thought moving water doesnt freeze but I guess the water above it freezes or whatever, I dont know but if it does, does anyone know what time of year it normally freezes? Like I said, stupid question but I really dont know the answer to it.

Or if you have any other suggestions I would like to hear them. I tried talking her into Vegas the week of the National Event but she wouldnt go for it and I tried Indy too but her idea of a good vacation and mine are sometimes a little different!

What's her problem with Vegas. Some of the nicest resorts on the planet are there.

SWA flys to Ft. Lauderdale, Palm Beach, Tampa Bay, etc. Plenty of places there, too.

seeing as how you're in Texas, you can take a cruise from Houston anytime.
Your air is free, so my choice would be Hawaii - I've heard Hawaii is somewhat
expensive, but so what, half your trip is comped. I've never heard
of someone having a bad vacation there. should be in low 80's dec. & jan.
2nd choices would be vegas or ft. meyers.
why all-inclusive? just get a 4 or 5 star hotel and eat, drink and be
entertained at area hot spots.

What does All inclusive mean?

AI means every thing is included in the price. The room, food, and drinks with no tipping expected. Most resorts also include all non motorized watersports. When we went to Sandals St Lucia for our honeymoon it also included all SCUBA diving. They have no changed it so that it includes SCUBA if you are already certified. If you need a resort certification they charge you about $75. But after you take the course you can dive for free for the rest of your stay and at any other Sandals for a year. The only things we had to pay for was outside excursions.

seeing as how you're in Texas, you can take a cruise from Houston anytime.
Your air is free, so my choice would be Hawaii - I've heard Hawaii is somewhat
expensive, but so what, half your trip is comped. I've never heard
of someone having a bad vacation there. should be in low 80's dec. & jan.
2nd choices would be vegas or ft. meyers.
why all-inclusive? just get a 4 or 5 star hotel and eat, drink and be
entertained at area hot spots.

Yeah we are close to Galveston which has cruises leave 5 or 6 a week, so thats why we are going elsewhere. The tickets I won are for Southwest Airlines only and SWA doesnt fly to Hawaii. Well actually they do but they use a charter service and my green pass doesnt count for it, only actual SWA flights.

My wife wouldnt mind Vegas but she doesnt want to go the NHRA weekend. I tried to deal that I would only go on Sunday but she wasnt buying it either b/c she knew I'd be playing poker the other days. Oh well.

I thinks its looking like a cruise out of Florida. Which is fine with me, I love cruising. We just got back from one a month ago. A friend told me about an all inclusive resort in the Pocono's and I'm going to check on it.

And Glenn, I hear you about the AA's dream! Thank God the wife and I arent big drinkers at all. I just like not having to tip people and stuff everytime I turn around on vacation.

Nearly every major hotel in Cancun/Cozumel/Mayan Riveria have all-inclusive package but in the next few days they may not be there any more? Dean appears deadlier than expected?

Congrats on winning the tourney! If I were you, I'd fly to Vegas the last weekend of October.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back