How to get rid of Spiders??? (1 Viewer)

Joker

Nitro Member
I dont know about anywhere else but I know here in my area, spiders are taking over! At my mother in laws they are everywhere, at my sister in laws they are everywhere, and I dont know if its b/c Pam and I just bought our house and moved in and it was set up for 6 months with no activity or what, but I have killed at the very least 2 a day. Outside especially but even in our sunroom, bathrooms, kitchen, closets, etc.

And they are all different kinds. I dont know anything about spiders, except the only one I like is a dead one. I'll be honest, I hate snakes and spiders, I'm worse than a girl when it comes to them. I have spent $50 on pesticides and all kinds of spray and other stuff but nothing seems to be working.

Anybody got any ideas?

Justin you had better call Orkin or next thing you know they'll be ringing your Doorbell posing as a Pizza guy!

I agree, get a professional in there to wipe them out, and then use the bug bombs later as maintenance. My brother's house was like that after they moved in. The fact that his house was a sprawling house didn't help.

I went on line and purchased a 2.5 Gallon container of "Termidor" pesticide. I used it to pre-treat my ABC the evening before pouring our detached garage as a termite treatment. It's been flawless as a termite treatment in an area where termites rule the day. Best of all is I have since sprayed the perimeter of our home with this stuff and Wallah! No more bugs of any kind! I'd say save the $ of a bug professional who will use watered down crap insuring his needed return in 30 days and spray your own Termidor as per instructions. I wasn't sorry and I suspect you won't be either!
Good Luck Justin!

We have been using Ortho Home Defense around our house, and it seems to work well, especially on those little rat-******* ants.

If you do go with a "professional" use a no name local guy. The name brand exterminators will usually try and get you on a program even if it is not needed.

I used to get them big black ANTS in my upstairs bath. I bought quart of Diazinon about 10 years ago and sprayed my foundation and bottom row of siding. I just had to do it again as one was spotted upstairs.

You cannot buy Diazinon anymore, but I've got plenty left to do 3 more applications.

I HATE spiders! It seems like this year my house has turned into a spider garden! I use the Ortho Home Defense and it takes care of everything else but these little spiders that hang out on the ceiling over my bed. I can't rest if they are up there, so I get out a cane and put a tissue on the end of it and squash em'!!!:p

I sprayed the Ortho Home Defense and it worked on the ants in the yard but it seems to have no effect on the spiders at all. I did spray the OHD all around the house and garage and foundation. I just want the spiders gone!

I heard from a friend that was in real estate that the only reason you have spiders is because you have bugs. That is how they live. Pesticides are marginal in getting rid of spiders, but they do get rid of bugs. I am not an expert at any of this, but I have been told if you get rid of bugs, the spiders will follow. They all creep me out, and right now in my area, it is june bugs. They are big and fly around everywhere. Yuck!!

I heard from a friend that was in real estate that the only reason you have spiders is because you have bugs. That is how they live. Pesticides are marginal in getting rid of spiders, but they do get rid of bugs. I am not an expert at any of this, but I have been told if you get rid of bugs, the spiders will follow. They all creep me out, and right now in my area, it is june bugs. They are big and fly around everywhere. Yuck!!

Lori don't June Bugs start dying come July??:p

Get a herd of geckos? You can sometimes find diazinon and other insecticides the EPA no longer allows to be manufactured on eBay, I did.

Toads eat ants. My parents use diatomacious (sp?) earth to defend against those pesky ants. We used to sit on the porch in college and flick June bugs to the bullfrogs. They loved them. They weren't so happy when we tossed them the occasional cicada. I usually just put the rare spider outside unless they are poisonous. Never had a plague of them to deal with though...

I'd say save the $ of a bug professional who will use watered down crap insuring his needed return in 30 days and spray your own Termidor as per instructions. I wasn't sorry and I suspect you won't be either!
Good Luck Justin!
Words of wisdom there Bob! First year in our new house we had Orkin come spray for ants, I just thought it was a one time application and that`d be it. Wrong! It`s like a five step process and once they`ve filled the contract, it`s up to YOU to notify them that you don`t want them to keep back every month. And of course, we had ants show back up the next spring. Save the $$ and do the job yourself, Justin.

Justin, you might recall the big problem we had will hobo spiders. The Hobos are as dangerous as a black widow. They are fast but they don't climb very well and make their webs in lower areas not on high corner walls.

Anyway, at Ace Hardware you can get these yellow spider traps and you get four of them for like $5.00. Just leave them out and they will crawl in and get stuck and thats all she wrote for the little mothers.

Last edited:
.........when I was a young boy I used to have this reaccuring nightmare that my bedroom ceiling was covered with these huge hairy spiders, somehow I was tied to my bed and all of a sudden all those spiders would fall from the ceiling and land in my mouth and I would end up chewing them and they would pop and crunch as I would chew, and then I would wake up, needless to say any dead spider is a good spider in my book :eek::eek::eek:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back