Hobo Spiders are on the March in Oregon (1 Viewer)

rocketman

Nitro Member
We live in Salem Oregon just behind Liberty School and they have found four hobo spiders in different classrooms and other locations at Liberty where my daughters go to school. In addition, the nextdoor neighbor was bit and was in the hospital for eight days getting intervieinious drugs. Apparently they are all over the place in Oregon!

When they bite it eats away the flesh where you are bitten, the bite also causes headaches, fever and even vomiting that can last for days. If left untreated it can cause even worse problems. I also know of two other people in Salem that were bit and one of them nearly lost his foot. Here's the real kicker most people are often bit in bed while a sleep. Hense, this is a much worse problem and people are lead to believe.

I was working on the computer a few nights ago and saw one in the middle of the floor. It was bigger than a silver dollar, and had really jagged looking legs. It turns out that this time of year they are on the move and are wanting to get into the house.

Anyone know a good way to get did of them other than call an exterminator? :eek:

Anyone know a good way to get did of them other than call an exterminator? :eek:

a shoe?

Seriously, though those spiders sound nasty and my aunt got bit by a brown recluse earlier in the year and it was awful. Keep an eye out and spend all the money you can to get rid of the buggers, take NO chances!!!

I have a friend who's family owns pest company.She said to CALL An ELIMINATER. You don't went to mess with them. We live in Medford and we have them here too. I hate Bug and spiders the most.:mad:

I live in Salem and we have them all over the place. A lady I work with said today that you guys have ternatiallas in Medford! Great topic for halloween.

WARNING!!!
Pics of said hee-bee gee-bees in the next post!
The sqeemish, faint-of-heart, and easliy offended should look away!
:D

Last edited:
hobospider2.jpg

hobobite.jpg

url

Nasty looking little bastiges! Kill 'em!!!

Here's one for the kids :D
hyrum150.jpg

Happy halloween:D

EWWW! Thanks for the pictures of the spiders though Paul. I don't think they'll be in my area and I take a shoe to anything that looks spiderish anyway but that looks like a nasty spider.

is ok now, but.....
they comin to gitcha!
BQJ0AQD0PQD02QRSMKLSUQJ0WQF08K1KBQD0ZKO0RKV0QKC08QNKRKAKUQZSAQJ08KRS2QHSBQBK.jpg

See how they droppin' down to Utah?!

Ah, no worries, just sick those NM scorpions on 'em! That'll learn 'em.:p

At least with the scorps you can hear the little click click click if they walk across the tile. You rarely find scorps hanging upside down or from grates.

What a poisonious spider that doesn't live in Texas??? I'm amazed, give them a few years they'll move in, along with the scorpions, black widows, brown recluse, rattle snakes, alligators, trantulas and killer bees.

I am informing you all right now...............I will NOT be going to Oregon!!! Them are some ugly sob's!!!

i know from being bit by a brown recluse last year you really dont want to do that i dont know about yalls spider up there but brown recluse hide in dark damp places and do move indoors in the cold avoid them at all cost but i still dont do snakes theres no place or time for either of them haha

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back