Snake obviously doesn't like getting rid of stuff. (1 Viewer)

Mooseman

Nitro Member
I have heard of old school racers who didn't get rid of anything and still have it all hidden away somewhere , but when I found this article by accident it was awesome to actually see pictures of one of these "collection"

Drag Racer Magazine - Hangin' With A Legend

I bet there are even bigger hoards in old timer racers sheds out there somewhere . I personally can think of a couple of old school racers who I would love to see what they have stowed away but I would probably end up dissapointed and find out they have nothing .

I'm betting that Many of yesterday's drivers regret not holding on to Old cars! Once they're gone they're gone!

Too bad "The Snake's" most successful car, the 1976 ARMY Monza went to Santa Pod UK, only to be abused and eventually destroyed. Wonder if common folks could take a tour of Mr. Cools' stash?

Merry Christmas, yes, Merry Christmas to ya'll.
RO

Didn't the Snake recently sell a few of his more famous cars to a guy setting up a museum in Nevada ?

Mark.

The 1975 Monza, my favorite, is at Harrah's collection in Sparks NV along with Garlits' 1974 car.

That stuff has been trimmed way down and has been moved to a new Museum in Reno. I was there about a month ago. It's been taken down to maybe 25% of what was in Sparks years ago. :( Lots of great stuff is gone.
We had our Corvette club events on that property many years ago.:cool:

His 78 Arrow is the one that knocked my socks off. I still remember the first time I saw it at Union Grove and how slinky and wicked it looked.

Visiting Snake's shop would be an incredible experience and, likely, an emotional one. I worshiped the ground the Snake walked on back then.

Visiting Snake's shop would be an incredible experience and, likely, an emotional one. I worshiped the ground the Snake walked on back then.

Yes to have the opportunity to visit and see The Snakes shop would be fabulous. Have rooted for him since the Hot Wheel days and will continue to do so. Back in the day of his domination life and drag racing was so much simpler don't ya think!

It was a great time to be racing too. :D
1976-Winston-600x429-0851.jpg

1977-Winston-600x429-0832.jpg

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back