What about this change... (1 Viewer)

I would like to see an "ALL RUN" policy. That gets your slower cars a chance at a first round upset. Gives the fans a bigger show. Helps teams get sponsorship.
I think it's a terrible waste to have cars & teams on the property, ready to run, and not let them. Who says we can only have 16 cars in a pro class?

What if NHRA changed the way they ran first round for all classes. Instead of #1 qualifier running #16, (and giving them a great chance to advance to round 2) #1 would run #8 - #2 would run #9 etc. I'm sure the old school racers/fans may not like it, and I would certainly understand, but it seems that now with the financial gap growing ever larger between teams in all classes, that it may possibly help with a lower funded team going a round or two, and get some valuable TV sponsor time. And it might just help put a underdog team on the winners podium.. and who doesn't like to see a underdog win once in a while. Even the big teams have nice things to say when a little team wins.
Maybe to compensate for a more difficult first round match up, #1- #2..on down.. qualifier could get more of the "little" points.
That is how it used to be..........Leave it!

What's been alluded too here with nobody actually saying it is that EVERYBODY is motivated to move up the ladder with the current alignment. Any move up automatically pairs you with a slower car than you were previously scheduled to race. For example, if I'm in the #12 spot and I move up to #10 (still bottom half) I'm racing the #7 qualified car rather than the #5 qualified car. Conversely, the same applies if you're in the top half of the field. If I'm #3 and I move up to #2 I go from racing the #14 car to racing the #15 car.

What's been alluded too here with nobody actually saying it is that EVERYBODY is motivated to move up the ladder with the current alignment. Any move up automatically pairs you with a slower car than you were previously scheduled to race. For example, if I'm in the #12 spot and I move up to #10 (still bottom half) I'm racing the #7 qualified car rather than the #5 qualified car. Conversely, the same applies if you're in the top half of the field. If I'm #3 and I move up to #2 I go from racing the #14 car to racing the #15 car.

I did say it..."we don't go to a race trying be #16 qualifier."

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back