Sam's "Fantasy nitro team" thread... with a twist. (1 Viewer)

.....FOR DELAYED RELEASE......
05-09-08

Charlet Motorsports Marketing

Charlet Motorsports to merge with Team Roxy Nova...

The NHRA has a new SUPER TEAM! After watching teams like John Force Racing, DSR and Knoll Gas Motorsports, Charlet Motorsports team owner, Don Charlet is proud to announce the merge of his current (4) Car team with the (4) car team of Karl Stalcup's TEAM ROXY NOVA. Terms of the merger have not been disclosed.

"This is a historic day for the NHRA", said the patriarch of the Charlet Motorsports team Don Charlet. "We already had two wonderful and articulate drivers, (Dean Skuza and Fast Jack Beckman) and now have added a third (Phil Burkhart Jr.) to our stable. We are confident that this team will continue to grow, provide an outstanding return for our sponsors and bring new fans and more HARDWARE to the Charlet Motorsports Umbrella".

The merger was brought out of necessity. Due to Karl Stalcup's recent medical issues, and his well publicized entry to "the funny farm", Charlet Motorsports development driver Tim Charlet felt the time was right to add onto his fathers super team. "Karl is a great man with the highest moral standards. We know that Karl's absence (from his faculties) is only temporary, and that he will return from his sabbatical fully rested and ready to assume his role as a team leader soon. We all wish Karl the best during this difficult time".

This Merger also brings forth a dilemma for Charlet Motorsports. Due to the strange coincidence that Fast Jack Beckman was under contract with both teams as a pro driver, Charlet Motorsports has petitioned the NHRA to provide an exception to their rule on permitting a Top Fuel or Funny Car driver from entering competition in both classes at the same event. "JACK IS ONE OF THE HARDEST WORKING PEOPLE IN DRAG RACING, AND WE FEEL THAT IF ANYONE CAN PULL OFF THE "FUEL DOUBLE-DOUBLE", IT IS DEFINATLY FAST JACK BECKMAN", said the owner of Charlet Motorsports. If the NHRA does not allow this exception, this provides a unique opportunity for Charlet Motorsports. "It looks like we have a car and crew without a driver. So, in the meantime, we have offered the ride of the 4th CHARLET MOTORSPORTS Fuel car to some of the legends of the sport." On the short list of potential "SHOES" are Shirley Muldowney, Joe Amato, Kenny Bernstein, Don Prudhomme, Mike Dunn, and Former Top Fuel Driver and current Division 7 Super Class racer Brent Cannon.

Development Drivers, Tim Charlet, Mindy Frey, and “Rapid” Randy Baker have all expressed an interest in filling the seat of the 4th Pro Nitro car. All drivers will be licensed in both the teams Funny Car and Top Fuel Dragsters in order to prepare them for the next level. With the addition of these new teams also comes the need for added Management for the Charlet Motorsports . “We have added Mater Legends, John “JRX” Rogers and Chris Cook as team managers for both the new Charlet Motorsports. Rogers, will be the team manager for the pro teams, and Cook will assume the role of Team Manager of the Development drivers in the Top Alcohol Classes. Both men bring plenty of Mater Cred to the table and will be a tremendous asset to our team.”

The Team will have their 1st meeting in Las Vegas prior to the initial NHRA SANCTIONED Test session at The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, in early January. Accommodations have been provided by the teams new Primary sponsors MGM MIRAGE at their recently opened property “PROJECT CITY CENTER”. All Charlet Motorsports employees have been given their own Strip View Condo, fully furnished, as a “Signing Bonus” for joining the newly formed team.

Timmah Thanks for getting out the Press release. I was taking care of some sponsorship issues along with a Crew Member that I thought I was gonna have to fire......I'm back in action now!

Tim, not only will I volunteer myself and Terry to crew for ya, we'll handle all fuel storage....:D:D:D

BTW....it sure is slow here on a Saturday...how am I supposed to make it thru my 8 hours at work like this??????:)

Timmah,

Seems I received a phone call last night from a distiller of adult beverages just to the southeast of Louisville, Ky.

They want to Sponsor the two Alky Floppers with their two 'Top Line' small batch products. 5 year deal, with three renewal options of 2 years each. They insist that their name appears on whatever flopper we put RR in, the Product of course being 'Baker Beam'. They also feel that using their top line, marque name, 'Booker', seems to fit well Drag Racing.

Peeps also contacted me again, they feel it is in their best interest that their sponsorship be spread over all eight cars as a major associate. Seems someone in top management at Peeps also likes floating the funny little yellow guys on top of a double neat Booker. Alky and Sugar, is there any questions?

d'kid
have we totally lo-jacked Sammy's thread yet?:eek:

Timmah,

Seems I received a phone call last night from a distiller of adult beverages just to the southeast of Louisville, Ky.

They want to Sponsor the two Alky Floppers with their two 'Top Line' small batch products. 5 year deal, with three renewal options of 2 years each. They insist that their name appears on whatever flopper we put RR in, the Product of course being 'Baker Beam'. They also feel that using their top line, marque name, 'Booker', seems to fit well Drag Racing.

Peeps also contacted me again, they feel it is in their best interest that their sponsorship be spread over all eight cars as a major associate. Seems someone in top management at Peeps also likes floating the funny little yellow guys on top of a double neat Booker. Alky and Sugar, is there any questions?

d'kid
have we totally lo-jacked Sammy's thread yet?:eek:

This is REMARKABLE NEWS KARL! I just hope that Randy has the VERBAL SKILLS to pull this off. I think he does, but saying the "BAKER BEAM" Top Alcohol Funny Car, is just as challenging as CHECKER SCHUCKS KRAGEN! I'm just wondering what's gonna happen when Randy's car is also flying the colors of the Bellagio, (one of the MGM MIRAGE PROPERTIES), and Mendy and My primary sponsors on our Top Alcohol Dragsters.... Can you imagine Randy saying.... "I'll tell you what Dave, the "BAKER BEAM BELLAGIO" TAFC is running a Blistering pace" :eek::eek:
We'll just make sure he has plenty of "HAMMOCK" time before every run, and no "PRODUCT SAMPLING" until after the race day is over!;)

On the top end after the 5th straight low quailifier award.

I'll tell you what Dave, the "BAKER BEAM BELLAGIO NO FUEL CHECK" TAFC is running a Blistering pace again this weekend. Hats off to my guys. Tommy and Dave set it up to put a hole out the first 150 feet to calm it down enough to make it thru the transition. Dale Pulde said to put it on the wall and let the reflective heat light the cyl back up and haul azz to the stripe. It all worked out and here we are ready to go rounds on Sunday. Remember folks, stop by the store on the midway and buy a couple of bottles of sipping whiskey for your grandpa on the way out the gate. Now if you happen to need a place to stay, stop by my favorite Hotel, No Tell, the Bellagio and sleep in style. Tell em Rapid sent ya. Thanks for the support. ;)

Rapid

Last edited:
Didn't Karl say something about Booker? Wouldn't it be the "BAKER BOOKER BEAM BELLAGIO NO FUEL CHECK" TAFC has moved into the Final round by setting a blistering pace this weekend? Boyz barely missed it din'cha?

Didn't Karl say something about Booker? Wouldn't it be the "BAKER BOOKER BEAM BELLAGIO NO FUEL CHECK" TAFC has moved into the Final round by setting a blistering pace this weekend? Boyz barely missed it din'cha?

EXACTY GINNA!!! THX for the Assist!;) But, I think Rapid can handle it! I'm gonna fed ex'ed him a bag of Marbles to practice. :D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back