Mi, In, Ill, & Oh Maters - Sounds like a great show 4 U (1 Viewer)

US 131 Martin MI. May 21th

Nitro will fill the air at the Night of Thunder on Saturday showcasing 320+ miles-per-hour Top Fuel Dragsters. This event will also feature the Nitro Fuel Altereds, Midwest Nostalgia Pro Stock Series and The Great Lakes Nostalgia Funny Car Series. (6 nostalgia alky FC's )

Each event is not complete at US 131 MSP without a wheel stander or a jet-powered vehicle. This event is no different as the "King of Quake" jet-powered Kenworth driven by legendary Bob Motz will return to US 131 MSP, as well as the Dan Crownhart Jet Funny Cars. Also slated for the event is the Peacemaker driven by the 81 year old Jim Brewer.

Saturday gates open at 9 am and the Lane Automotive Bracket time trials start, bracket eliminations begin at approximately 1:30 pm. Top Fuel and other before mentioned cars including Jets will run at 7 pm & 9 pm. Saturday tickets purchased in advance for adults are only $15 and children ages 6-12 are only $5. Saturday admission at gate for adults is $20 and children ages 6-12 are only $7.

BTW Bob Motz is retiring, this is his farewell season tour.

Last edited by a moderator:
Harry, If you haven't been to Martin in a long time, you won't know the place. Several yrs ago they did a complete re-do of the place.
And I mean complete, tore up the entire track surface, permanent rest rooms, family rest rooms. modern bleachers, the works. If I recall correctly
it was something like a $10 or $12 million investment. Enjoy !!!

I've been going to Martin since the early 1970's, and I can honestly say it's one of the nicest drag strips you'll find anywhere, after the renovation. Very clean, nicely laid out, and a tremendous management team have done wonders for the place. It's by far the nicest track in Michigan.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back