Kebin Kinsley & JR Todd (Formerly: Two Things...) (1 Viewer)

Gordon

Nitro Member
1. Why is this board not lighting up with congratulations for Kebin Kinsley today? We all complain that the multi-car teams are unbeatable and they're a detriment to the little guy and then Kinsley shows up at the biggest race of the year and slays the #1 qualifier, Langdon (former champ), & the Sarge (does he ever lose at Indy?) enroute to a runner-up finish at the Big Go! Yeah, he had help, I get it - but lots of teams show up to lesser events with similar help and don't have that kind of showing. Well done, Kebin!!!

2. Is it me or is the DHL team & driver slowly putting it all together just in time to make a run in the countdown? Not laying down monster runs every pass, but suddenly a threat to win every time they stage the car... and JR Todd can drive a race car.

I almost posted last night about Kebin, but I wanted to avoid the spoiler alert crybabies.

Kebin didn't back into anything this weekend, that car was running LEGIT. In the 3.70s all day. Kudos to that team for sure. What I thought was interesting is they never did a warm up (except for first round). They just did their service and took it to the starting line. It wasn't for a lack of time/personnel/parts or anything, that's just the way they do it.

There has never been a doubt JR is wheelman, and he admitted there was a learning curve in the Funny Car. Now that he's got the laps under his belt, watch out! Huge props to Jon O for the tuneup in the final, they flat out-ran Capps. However, I was really bummed when Wilkerson crossed the center line in the semis.

Last edited:
Didn't want to spoil it, but was really happy to see Gas Monkey wasn't on the car when Kebin did all that!

so I'll ask again, who had Kebin Kinsley in Pick The Winners? :p

Like others, I didn't want to be a spoiler. I was torn in the final, I'm a Stevie fan, but really thought it would have been awesome for Kinsley to win. Still, what a weekend for Kinsley, he did not back into it, he was running fast all day.

All Texas T/F final. I kinda thought Steve would win, but Kebin is a veteran driver, & I would not have been surprised to see him pull it off. He has lotsa experience in drag boats, AA/FA, you name it. Would love to see him run the whole year.

First round was an upset, but then the car and driver performed well for the rest of the day. Exciting to watch.

one more vote for kebin.....he was the highlite of the race, no question.....seems like there must be a lull in engine advancements and setup for TF?.....a lot of independents are putting down great numbers lately....the mid 70's are recently attainable by a lot of teams, keeping the racing interesting. dominating performances the last two races by first leah and then steve t.
am the most excited for grubby and millican; how that single team has figured out how to play with the big dogs.

fun to watch hight and hagan as they stomp the field in performance and usually qualifying, then watch the steady hand
lift the trophy....team kalitta two in a row now and 3 of last 4....was also bummed for wilk

hard to believe a couple years ago greg and jason won almost everything....good thing they figured out how to run
the new EFI combination. the rest of the class should thank them......to the racers who did big burnouts....thank you.

stayed away from computer all afternoon monday while at work.....watched evening rerun on fsn1.....grateful for the re-airs.

All Texas T/F final. I kinda thought Steve would win, but Kebin is a veteran driver, & I would not have been surprised to see him pull it off. He has lotsa experience in drag boats, AA/FA, you name it. Would love to see him run the whole year.
Drag boat relationships run deep and there's been a bunch of NHRA crossover lately too, David and Dewana Kirkland, owners of the Spirit of Texas TFH are throwing their support to Kebin and Hennen Motorsports while Scott Lumbert is still recuperating. If the SoT isn't back out next year, then maybe he'll get that funding.

I think a lot of knowledge from top tier teams is making it's way to the up and coming teams. That's a good thing, as the learning curve can be incredibly expensive, and we need all the new blood we can get in the pro ranks.

Did anyone else see the lettering on Kebin's car and I think the wing about the "Kallita Outreach Program"?
One can assume... that is where the tuning help is coming from.
Besides being Doug's old back up car.

While he may not be up to the minute current Donnie Bender was never a slouch and always had a clear understanding of how to make and apply horsepower and was a quick study.

From chatter around the sport the big teams are helping the small teams out with parts and tuning to keep the class alive, car count up.
If you notice even the small teams are running as fast as the big teams lately.

From chatter around the sport the big teams are helping the small teams out with parts and tuning to keep the class alive, car count up.
If you notice even the small teams are running as fast as the big teams lately.

This is one of the things I like about drag racing - while teams may be highly competitive, it is one big family and teams help each other out. There are those that long for the days of, for lack of a better phrase, in your face competitiveness, but I personally like the idea of community and helping each other out.

anyone know what broke on kebin's engine in final?.....slo-mo replay ends just as you see a part launch straight up
in front of the injector

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back