Question about a Jeg's Camaro (1 Viewer)

cantdrive55

Nitro Member
I'm looking to confirm or deny that a Jeg's Mail Order Pro Stock Camaro existed at the 2000 Gatornationals. My mind is telling me that Jerry Haas attempted to qualify the car. I've checked Drag Race Central and NHRA.com, and the only info I can find is that Haas was driving a Pro Stock Camaro. I think a picture of the car is in one of the ND Gator's results issues, I only have a few ND's left in my possesion, otherwise I would just look it up myself.

I'm sure I have the 2000 Gatornationals Pro results issue but it will take me a while to find it. If someone else doesn't come up with it in the next day or two I'll try to find it for you.

We never had a JEGS camaro in Pro Stock.
Thanks for the interest-Woody

It's always nice when we can get answers straight from the horse's mouth. And is there any chance of going over when it is least likely to rain in Columbus between May and September and schedule the Sportsnationals for that weekend?

Now that I think about it, I believe the Camaro that Haas drove was owned by Tony Rizzo. If I'm right, it was one of the first Camaros to come out of the shop.

And Dave, you ruined my day by including that link to the qualifying sheet: 36 cars and a lot of very good racers no longer competing. I guess they were the golden days and we didn't realize it at the time.

only camaro i ever remember with Jegs on the side was a funny car in the mid/late seventies. not sure who the driver was !!

looking back at that qualifying sheet, apparently that was back when WJ ruled the roost with 4 huns on the field !! and look at poor little GA failing to make the show :p:p it they only new what was coming !

only camaro i ever remember with Jegs on the side was a funny car in the mid/late seventies. not sure who the driver was !!
Dale Emery was the driver.

Emery1.jpg

Lance, you have the BEST pictures!!

This is a perfect example.........I only had vague recollections of that car :)
You probably remember this photo from Ontario, 1973, different paint scheme on it..........
73SupernationalsFC4.jpg

Jeg Sr. had a TF Dragster that he drove in the mid 70's too.

Dan,

Yeah that does suck doesn't it. Only five of the qualifying 16 cars are still full time drivers in PS. Not many more in the bottom of the field.

Bob

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back