Incredible (1 Viewer)

I dont see it repeating itself. These are 2 really great guys he's with, you fire these guys 1. your stupid 2. only step up is to write a check to AJ and make him tune or 3. just get outta tf cause it's not for you and go dominate TAD.

I bet AJ is already on the payroll,AB is good but to tune a dragster for the 1st time out and boom number 1,hmmm.

I believe that everyone of those CCs was there for at least a year. And if you can't get it going in a year how long does it take?

Alan

I dont see it repeating itself. These are 2 really great guys he's with, you fire these guys 1. your stupid 2. only step up is to write a check to AJ and make him tune or 3. just get outta tf cause it's not for you and go dominate TAD.

That would certainly make sense. This team owner has a history he'll need to overcome. To date, they've been smarter than every one they've fired...and originally hired. Comical...

I bet AJ is already on the payroll,AB is good but to tune a dragster for the 1st time out and boom number 1,hmmm.

I am not so quick to credit Brooks with it as much as Centorbi

I believe that everyone of those CCs was there for at least a year. And if you can't get it going in a year how long does it take?

Alan

I remember Brooks and Centorbi back when they were crew guys at DSR with Scelzi and yes they were both with AJR. Brooks in 2009-part of 2010 and Centorbi of course got a championship ring last year.

I like to see how capable Husen is. Last year was just overshawdowed for Husen and Centorbi, cause of course they earned their rings, yet it's unclear how much tuning they truly did cause everyone just focused on the fact that AJ was tuning alot.

Last edited:
Today was even better, got to see a heap of warm ups and then all the action on the track, then met some drivers at the museum. Can't wait til tomorrow! 2 sessions and then the rat roast. Was really good to meet some of you guys from here. Bring on tomorrow! I am loving life right now!

I'm no big ML fan...but you tell me if your daddy had the money...wouldn't you be living your dream and racing?

And if you were a totally self-made millionaire who loved racing, why wouldn't you put your own kid in a car?

Forest can do what he wants with his money - I'm glad that family loves NHRA Drag Racing!

Have you guys that are bashing this kid/family ever made conversation with them? These are good people, that do a ton for this sport.

If my Dad had the means, I'd be doing the same thing Morgan is. If you wouldn't, you are lying.

If I had the means, I'd put my own Son in whatever he wanted. If you wouldn't, you are lying.

I wouldn't hesitate to go to work for Lucas Oil, or that team. They are living the dream. I am not. I applaud them for it.

Last but not least. I find it ironic how some of the former and maybe even present drivers/owners that were/are the biggest dicks to their fans, are put on a pedestal around here. But a family like this gets bashed all the time.

Have you guys that are bashing this kid/family ever made conversation with them? These are good people, that do a ton for this sport.

If my Dad had the means, I'd be doing the same thing Morgan is. If you wouldn't, you are lying.

If I had the means, I'd put my own Son in whatever he wanted. If you wouldn't, you are lying.

I wouldn't hesitate to go to work for Lucas Oil, or that team. They are living the dream. I am not. I applaud them for it.

Last but not least. I find it ironic how some of the former and maybe even present drivers/owners that were/are the biggest dicks to their fans, are put on a pedestal around here. But a family like this gets bashed all the time.

This is an A+ post Vaughn!!

Great post

Post of the year so far. I mean all Morgan and Forrest are doing are what many of us would do with the same money. I respect the Lucas family and I think highly of all the crew chiefs she's had, especially this season. I think it's just that he wants a championship so bad when all he's really done is finished 5th, 7th, and 10th. He's had some really tough years in between, but he can't expect his TF to run as good as a TAD, and he needs to tell himself it takes time. If he gets a title because of his championship vision with little actual contention results on paper i'd be impressed. Ask anyone if you build a championship team this way and the answer would be no.

He has yet to even field a team that finishes in the top 5 let alone top 3, so I think he should at least hit top 3 then start concentrating on a title, but to make all the changes he has in pursuit of a championship when he has not even tasted losing one yet is being way too anxious. Larry Dixon has said one of the greatest lines that couldn't be truer when he was talking about the championship, "You gotta lose one before you can win one, and I guess this one's mine to lose." My point bluntly is Morgan has to have the bitter taste of losing a title (meaning that he fought up until the last minute in contenion) before he can try and win a title. He has never even been a championship contender at crunch time. Work on that first Morgan, you have no excuse to not run the full tour with the 2 cc's you have.

Last edited:

Extremely well said. Great post!

Good for the team, Morgan is still #1 with a 78 @ 325 and Brandon is 5th going into the last session.

I'm not bashing the Lucas family or their company. I do believe they've done great things for not just the NHRA, but many other sports.

I have a problem with the fact that when the AJR/Al-Anabi and MLR rumors started, Morgan did the interview with Kernan on RPM2nite and denied any talks of merging with/hiring AJ other than Forrest asking AJ for performance tips.

Now, it's pretty common knowledge that AJ has "input" on more than the two Al-Anabi TF entries. Which makes my statment, "Amazing what money can buy, and even more amazing that AJ could be bought", true. And my question, "Isn't it incredible that ML goes #1 the first round of qualifying?", valid.

And, years ago, I met Morgan personally on a few occasions. I liked him. I just don't like that he outright lied in that interview. That's not bashing, that's the truth.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back