Here's the transcript from the Press conference yesterday (1 Viewer)

lmhb oyf

Nitro Member
TRANSCRIPT

Of note right off the bat:

Q. Tom, were any tracks other than NHRA‑owned tracks, were team owners consulted about your new Countdown to the Championship?

TOM COMPTON: We consulted with a number of people in the racing community; it wasn't just internally at NHRA. We reached out to some people who we value their opinions and trust their confidence to run different scenarios by them, and I think the end result is what we have today and we're very excited about it.

So, in other words.......NO (or very few).

NASCAR - Race for the Cup

NHRA - Monkey See - Monkey Do

I can hear it now.

"Damn, we are 3 points out of 8 th. and we are done. And we just got a call from our sponsor that informed me our contract says if you don't make the countdown, your on your own for the rest of the year. Sorry"

Never was a Shirley fan, but she and Asher are dead on.

I can hear it now.

"Damn, we are 3 points out of 8 th. and we are done. And we just got a call from our sponsor that informed me our contract says if you don't make the countdown, your on your own for the rest of the year. Sorry"

And that's any different than how it is now? If what you say above was/is/will be true, than whichever team it may/will have been should have been running better all season. Just like they have to now!

Either way you made a promise!!! Countdown or no countdown.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back