The AlGore and Mick Jegger Global Warming Press Conference (1 Viewer)

Terry, what I said was the only way WE are going to "make a Difference" is if WE disappeared off the face of the earth NOW... or... tear down all our cities, stop driving, give up all forms of electricity and anything that uses it or generates it... What I said is Mom Earth will get rid of us when She's had enought of our $h1T...

..........mother earth has nothing to do with anything, but Father God has something to say and do with everything and everyone :eek:

Terry, what I said was the only way WE are going to "make a Difference" is if WE disappeared off the face of the earth NOW... or... tear down all our cities, stop driving, give up all forms of electricity and anything that uses it or generates it... What I said is Mom Earth will get rid of us when She's had enought of our $h1T...
I don't think our disappearance would make my difference, period.

The polar ice caps on Mars are showing signs of melting. We should do something about it, shouldn't we?!? :p

Karl....so if you had cancer you would ignore your disease and let your body run its course and die sooner than if you went to receive some medical advice/attention?

Karl....so if you had cancer you would ignore your disease and let your body run its course and die sooner than if you went to receive some medical advice/attention?

Terry, that's a bit of a flawed analogy, don't you think?

There are forms of cancer that have absolutely, inevitably, beyond any shadow of a doubt, been proven to cause a person to die. Whatever "cycle" the earth may (or may not, depending on your point of view) be going through, there's not one shred of evidence that proves this "cycle" will lead to its demise / death. Is it possible? Perhaps. Nevertheless, comparing it to terminal cancer just isn't accurate.

Last edited:
Terry, you're seeing a problem, I don't think there is. And No, I'm not going to go through any heroic measures to stick around when my tickets up. And that's coming from someone who smokes two packs a day and has a family history of the big C, strokes and other heart problems...

Guys....I am out numbered here on this one here....but if G.Bush jr said there is global warming I am sure alot of you would jump on that bandwagon.....Be honest.....

Lets get back to drag racing and leave that subject to more educated/dedicated people in that field of knowlegde...as I am like all of you here and am looking forward to the Winternats...

These activists should start leading by example, and quit giving out all this "do as I say..........." crap. When they give up their lifestyles and prove to me that it will make a difference, then I may turn off the TV when I'm not home. until then, I say, Global Warming - Making The World A More Comfortable Temperature To Live In.

Guys....I am out numbered here on this one here....but if G.Bush jr said there is global warming I am sure alot of you would jump on that bandwagon.....Be honest.....
Terry,
I'll go as far as to say there may be some credible evidence that the planet is experiencing a cycle of warming. But, there is NO credible evidence that such a cycle is (or could be) caused by the activities of human beings.

Tomorrow's weather can't be predicted with any real level of accuracy. Why would anyone place faith in predictions on climate changes any time in the future to the point of enacting the changes supported by such proposals as put forth by the UN committee recently, and the Kyoto treaty 10 years ago?

You have now twice sluffed off the ability of the people in this forum to have as much, or perhaps more, knowledge of these matters than people like Gore. And once again I'll say, maybe some, but don't include me in your group.

Last edited:
Hang in there, Bob.

It is incredible..if you want the links I'll say what I adhere to.

This warming pattern has been documented since the year 1680..and it is all relative to sun patterns. We now have a billion $ industry devoted to global warming..isn't that about right? Duh..jobs are dependent..and people can't hardly speak the truth for ridicule..and their jobs.

Leave it to our government..and certain individuals..to make an industry of global warming..oh..and I love our government..just not what they do on occasion.

I find it somewhat ironic that people believe we actually have the power that we do.

Being outnumbered should never bother you. If you're convinced you're correct, you should see it as an opportunity.

Recently I've been hearing stories that if you're a truck driver and you get a ticket in my home state, you will also now get in the mail a seperate ticket from the EPA for air pollution. I was sitting at a truckstop counter in Scranton, PA a few months ago and, while drivers were discussing this (including one who said he got both tickets for going 5 over the limit on a downhill), I started thinking.

I jumped into their conversation with "You know? If he was coasting DOWNHILL, that means he actually gathered speed/momentum for the NEXT HILL and would have burned less fuel going up it? (Cuz, I guess we're not supposed to figure that out?) I suggested that while the state was handing out a speeding ticket, maybe EPA should send you a reward for protecting the environment.

I had about 20 truck drivers trying to tell me that the truck is going to burn more fuel coasting downhill faster, that the engine is going to turn more revolutions in a mile at a faster speed. I'm sitting there for over an hour trying to explain to all of them how this would be impossible, with it getting pretty heated at one point (well, on their side, anyways). One of them even asked me if it being me against all of them meant anything. They looked surprised when I said I wouldn't care if it were me against 100, because I knew I was correct. Would you believe that one even called me a stupid MF? Of course we had a little discussion about that person's intelligence and he ended up leaving, seems to be a trend with those who disrespect people they disagree with...ahem.

Finally one figured something out on a napkin (how he did it that way is beyond me) and started sharing it with the others.

If the truck were going faster on level ground or uphill, you might say it's buring more fuel (still, that would depend on how it's geared, cammed, and at what RPM the engine is most efficient at). It should matter before the EPA starts getting in the speeding ticket business.

Yeah, I guess I forgot to stop and think about whether or not I thought Republicans in high positions might agree or disagree with me before I engaged in analytical thinking on that one. Wow, is there a liberal who can engage in a debate without insulting those they disagree with? You do it in such a small way here. Maybe you thought it was small enough that you could get away with it. You're insulting the intelligence of people just because you disagree with them. You discredit yourself with your little (and I mean little, as in small minded thinking) comment. Maybe we should suggest that you only have your beliefs because the liberal left told you to? I'd say you owe some people here an apology.

Ron...this whole piece started off w/ bashing off Al Gore...I voted for Bush and support him in certain subjects...but he has lifted air quality managenet issues in all states but Calif as they many people in that state who care about air quality. America is the leader of the world in pollution and we can make a few small adjustments to help our great-great grandchildren later in life.
Its not the little person that is doing the most damage to our environment its big business. I have a huge stake in IDACORP and they will tell you straight up that when Clinton signed the books requiring them to cut back on their coal-powered generators and use other sources it hit them in their pocket. But as soon as our current administration came into office they were asked to cut back on coal usage. So instead of the top executives making 15 million a year they now make 25 million a year after bonuses.
Ice ages come and go over millennia, and for the past 8,000 years, the gradual end of the last ice age has seen a natural increase in worldwide temperatures, all scientists agree. Skeptics have expressed doubt that industrial activity is to blame for world's rapidly rising temperatures.

But records show that for the past 50 years or so, the warming trend has sped up -- due, researchers said, to the atmospheric burden of greenhouse gases produced by everything industrial, from power plants burning fossil fuels to gas-guzzling cars -- and the effects are clear and simple...

Some say when others lead they will follow......I am alot like you guys but to just say its hogwash is not educating themselves w/ an open mind.

Ron...almost forgot, sorry about the republican bash...hey I am a republican too....as I am a business owner and w/ him in office it helps me a ton....but hurts my employees...

I just don't like to hear anyone suggesting that someone only thinks a certain way because of their supposed political leaning, unless you have something to base that on.

I heard John Edwards the other day already promising to raise taxes on everyone earning over $200,000 if he gets in (exactly what Mr. Kerry ran on, while complaining about low paying jobs and jobs going overseas).

You're right about the thread bashing Gore and his apparent (see, that's my disclaimer, LOL) extremist environmental views. I thought it was humorous enough to be obvious. I do need to check myself and make sure I'd react the same way if it was a thread about George Bush that was turned around somehow. If it was about his speech blunders we couldn't complain out of fairness.

Well, there you go. A Bush/Republican voter with what might be called liberal environmental views. You have your reasons for your beliefs and we have ours. I've already complained plenty of times about the two parties to choose from, the liberal one and the more liberal one, LOL. I might be more accepting of spending on many more "liberal" programs if we simply had sound fiscal/tax policies in place.

I might be all for socialized medicine if we had a 5-10% across the board flat tax and national sales tax (collecting at the register so illegals can't duck it), along with still having privatized options for those who don't want to spend a year on a waiting list to get an EKG. (Can you say Canada?) Do the things that give us a healthy economy, and you can have the money for inefficient things.

Politics or Religion?
They'll do it every time!

Don't say the "P" word or they'll move the thread! Especially if it continues "unnecessarily" in a certain "manner." Wait, no, that's how they lock the thread. :D Wait, no, that's how they lock the thread AFTER they move the thread. :D

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back