Global warming? What global warning? (1 Viewer)

TSK

Staff member
Nitro Member
My wife and I were set to fly out of Little Rock this morning, en route to Phoenix for the Arizona Nationals. Not only were we excited about going to the race, I have a half-sister and half-brother in Phoenix. I haven't seen my sister in about three years and it's been since 1976(!) that I last saw my half-brother.
It takes about 1.5 hours for us to get to the Little Rock airport. About 20 minutes after we got on the road I received a text saying today's flight was canceled due to the winter weather moving in. Mind you, the weather had not yet hit Little Rock, so I was really confused as to why the flight was canceled.
The airline booked us on another flight tomorrow, but I am not too optimistic about that happening because we've got a big system sitting on top of us.
We've been under a winter storm warning since last night and it runs until tomorrow. It's been sleeting hard here for about three hours with no sign of letting up. To top it off, we are also getting lightning and thunder to go along with the sleet, and that makes it sleet harder. Our roads are sleet covered now.
We had to modify our hotel and car reservations, which wasn't difficult.
It's the race tickets and parking pass that I will probably have to eat.
So, I need everybody to think warm thoughts so we can get out of here tomorrow.
With apologies to CCR, this is looking out my back door right now.

IMG_0192.jpeg

My sister sent me a picture from there a few minutes ago. It is cool (for them 47*) and damp.

and here in MN global warming has not taken yet either. monday/tues dumped 18" on us. single digits throughout, and now the same temps with bright sun after storm
good luck ted. enjoy your long weekend.

Thanks Mike.
So far, so good. The flight out of Little Rock to St. Louis is still showing on time.
The St. Louis to Phoenix leg is delayed about a half hour.

Global Warming means that it's gonna get hotter in the summer and it's going to get colder in the winter.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back