Herbert Fires Poynter (1 Viewer)

Save your breath Jim. The "Herbert Haters" have had to wait far too long, this time, to bash away at Doug and here's their chance to vent all that pent-up frustration while things went smoothly far longer than they could stand.

Oh heck, I just reacted to some of the folks who seemed quick to judge. Just thought, in spite of the Dougzilla image, Doug had been unusually sensitive to Wayne's situation and I never felt the loyalty was reciprocated.
I have no more knowledge of the situation than the next guy (Less, in fact.). I was 'kinda surprised because I thought Herbert was having a pretty good year. In this business, people get fired - I'm sure Mr. P. will fit in somewhere.

Just to clear the air, the facts are the facts on the issue of Kevin being fired by Doug. The statements made were done in good taste, without throwing anyone under the bus - even though we all know the truth about Doug. Kevin and I only wish the best for ALL of the drivers and crew members out at the track.

Kevin is one of the most dedicated guys I know to the sport of drag racing, and has earned the respect that he so deserves, as does any other person out there that pours their heart and soul into it. I only wish that Doug realized what he had in his team with Kevin, Keith and the crew. You guys are the best!

And, as far as all of the rumors going around about Keith Stewart and the crew members that did not walk off the job or stand up to Doug when Kevin was fired goes, we still love them, and we respect the fact that they need a paycheck. Some of them, including Keith, have children, and families to support. And, we hold no blame on them for a decision that was solely made by one man.

Racing goes on, and so will Kevin!

p.s. - Susie, Kevin would like Jim-o to call him when he has a chance.

And thats why I love you both!!!!

All I know is that I talked to Kevin in G-ville and he is one of the nicest people at the track. Hopefully he'll land at a top level team (*cough*Army*cough*) next year.

Terri...we've never met,but I did get a chance to talk to Kevin at Brainerd this year.I'd just like to say that I think it's obvious Kevin has a bright future in racing , and will make a fine addition to whichever team is wise enough to grab him. He'll add class and intelligence wherever he lands.It's Doug Herberts loss...

Let's get the facts straight Kevin Poynter left on his own after Q3 he was not fired

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back