Wayne Dupuy unexpectedly leaves Herbert Racing (1 Viewer)

I think the thing to remember here is the real reasons are not often made public. It could be a lot of reasons but right now it really does not make much difference as it is a done deal.

To the both of them I wish the best, Drag racing is a tough business.

jim

NHRA.com is reporting that Jim Brisette has rejoined the team. Hopefully this can turn things around for Dougzilla.

NHRA.com is reporting that Jim Brisette has rejoined the team. Hopefully this can turn things around for Dougzilla.
This is correct. Here is the other PR.

Jim Brissette to tune Doug Herbert's Snap-on Tools dragster

SEATTLE, WA, pre-race: Luckily for Doug Herbert his old pal Jim Brissette was willing and able to come back to his aid when he needed him. Beginning at this weekend's Schuck's Auto Supply NHRA Nationals in Seattle, Brissette will be the tuner for Herbert and his Snap-on Tools Top Fuel dragster. Brissette will rejoin Herbert after the sudden departure of Wayne Dupuy, who unexpectedly left the team following the race in Denver.

"I can not explain in words how grateful I am right now to Jim Brissette," said Herbert. "Jim has been with me through some great times and obviously some tough times but I can say without a doubt that I am fortunate that he is such a great guy and a friend to me. It absolutely made the most sense to try and get Brissette back to run the car if he wanted to do it and luckily for me he has accepted the position."

Brissette served as the crew chief for Herbert for all four of his IHRA Top Fuel championships. He also guided Herbert to the quickest run in drag racing history with a 4.880 in 1992, and was the crew chief when Herbert became the second driver in history to break the 300-mph barrier in 1993. Brissette was inducted into the International Drag Racing Hall of Fame earlier this year in Gainesville, Florida.

Herbert and Brissette have enjoyed success in Seattle in the past. The pair teamed up to set the track speed record at over 298-mph in 1992, which held up for several years.

Although pure speculation, it would certainly be in keeping with Wayne's character if part of the reason he decided to leave was because he felt he was holding the team back. I don't think it's wise for anyone to read any negative connotations into the situation until one of the parties involved comes forth with some more info. Who knows, maybe Wayne did indeed try to take on too much too soon after such a serious injury and everything finally caught up with him. At any rate I wish them both the best.

Although pure speculation, it would certainly be in keeping with Wayne's character if part of the reason he decided to leave was because he felt he was holding the team back. I don't think it's wise for anyone to read any negative connotations into the situation until one of the parties involved comes forth with some more info. Who knows, maybe Wayne did indeed try to take on too much too soon after such a serious injury and everything finally caught up with him. At any rate I wish them both the best.

I was Amazed Wayne came back so fast, serious head trama takes quite a while to fully recover from. I wish Him and Doug the very best, both are good people through and through.

Thank you.

Hey John:

Can you make your replies a little harder to read - I can still kind of see it. Perhaps something a little closer to the actual background will make them totally illegible...

Hey - just trying to be a little funny on this end - but am I the only one that can't read his replies - I'm still not that fond of the new look and all of the really creative colors that people use are a little distracting to me.

But hey, I'm an old fart....

Hey John:

Can you make your replies a little harder to read - I can still kind of see it. Perhaps something a little closer to the actual background will make them totally illegible...

Hey - just trying to be a little funny on this end - but am I the only one that can't read his replies - I'm still not that fond of the new look and all of the really creative colors that people use are a little distracting to me.

It is one of the few I can read.
But hey, I'm colorblind.

Hey John:

I can't see it well either. I like the way Jackee's font looks.

Granted they've only made it as far as the semi final round twice this year I thought their relationship was stronger. I know we are trying to be more politically correct on the ol' mater now but I think there's more here than we may be reading. If anyone hears anything please share it. I sure thought that Doug and Wayne made a great team and would race together forever!!

Hey John:

Sorry guys. I was using the color that was the sharpest on my computer. I guess everyones computer is different. I'll try something else.

WOW.
Jim Brissette is amazing. I wish I could be like that.

Wayne-o, it's none of our business but anyways, we all wanna see ya out there, smiling and putting those .40's on the boards! Wishing you well.

Wayne-o, it's none of our business but anyways, we all wanna see ya out there, smiling and putting those .40's on the boards! Wishing you well.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Big pat on the back for Jim being willing to come back. Speaking of coming back, I would love to see 'Zilla back on the Mater!

Silly statement of the day... Hey Justin, is that a Doug Herbert Performance Parts cam and flex plate you are running? Why yes it is... Best of luck to Doug and the Snap-On Tools team.

Last edited:
Hitting select all in the edit menu makes reading it alot easier
Glen, that was a good tip! Thanks!! :)

Rapid
Just so you guys know, Ctrl+A does the same thing. ;)

Thumbs Up to Jim Brisette for coming back. Not only does it show class on his part, but he and Herbert must have truly left each other with good terms - says something about both of their character.

Best of luck to the team.

I'm sorry, but bailing out on your employer (and friend) without a moment's notice sure seems like "negative connotations" in my book.....................I've always thought the world of Wayne, especially coming from Louisiana, but overloaded or not, he could have worked this out with a little more loyalty and courtesy on his part. God bless Jim Brissette, first class guy.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back