Who owns setup info? (1 Viewer)

Ron you are most likely right and I thought Wayne left Amato before the team went down so could not have dumped data and took the hard drive when the outfit was sold to Davenport.
I might be wrong but that's the way I remember it.
I kind of keep track of Wayne since he is kind of a neighbor and raced at the same track.
I did not know his family was still living in Texas I just assumed they went with him!
Hope for the best for Wayne and Doug and I hope Wayne works things out for the better.
Who knows I might see that smiling mug out at the track again soon.
Least ways there's a couple cars around here I think that need a good wrench/tuner.

I don't know Wayne personally, but seeing him on TV prior to the wreck and seeing him on TV post wreck he just appeared to be a different person. I'm sure he has some pain issues and that probably brings him down quite a bit.

I wish him the best and hope he completely recovers from all of this soon.

Data

The crew chiefs that I have worked with keep the data on their laptops and retain possession of that data when leaving a team. I think there is an "UNDERSTANDING" that that's the way it goes. Some may choose to leave a baseline tune-up simply out of courtesy. Alot of times when a new crew chief comes in they elect to make alot of changes to fuel, clutch and ignition systems based on their preference, so the data from a prior crew chief would not be much help.

I wouldnt have thought there are to many tuneups that are similar out there. I constantly hear about guys coming in with their own nozzles, hats etc. would think that most guys would have a base line just depends on how much they choose to push the baseline.

Forget the racing, I hope Wayne can get himself worked out. He doesn't seem quite the same since his injury. He doesn't have that fire, that excitement that he was known for. I hope everything works out for him.

Forget the racing, I hope Wayne can get himself worked out. He doesn't seem quite the same since his injury. He doesn't have that fire, that excitement that he was known for. I hope everything works out for him.

Well said dude.

Bull, you finally got in :cool:

Does it make sense to think that any tuner you bring in who knows what he or she is doing would NEED the previous tuner's "baseline"? (and isn't THAT a variable term?) I don't see how it does.

I think this is a little different than being an employee with a big company where you MIGHT still have a job with benefits 10-20 years from now.

Speaking from experience with my Dad who suffered chronic pain after a major car accident, I can tell you that severe & constant pain will transform someone. It's like night and day. Sleep is constantly interrupted, you're NEVER comfortable, and every moment awake is endured, not enjoyed. This can fundamentally change a person's personality.

I'm assuming Wayne is dealing with chronic pain issues. That's not unusual after a severe accident like Wayne experienced. He did not sound like the pre-accident Wayne Dupuy I remember from other interviews from past shows in that phone interview last Sunday. I suggest that any further speculation on what's going on in this situation is just that, speculation.

I wish nothing but the best for Wayne, and hope he gets things worked out and returns to the best motorsport in the world.

I personally know someone who went from as good of a person as you could ask for to an alcoholic due to constant pain from an accident. Started out with a few beers when they got so used to the pills that they did nothing, then progressed.

Speaking from experience with my Dad who suffered chronic pain after a major car accident, I can tell you that severe & constant pain will transform someone. It's like night and day. Sleep is constantly interrupted, you're NEVER comfortable, and every moment awake is endured, not enjoyed. This can fundamentally change a person's personality.

I'm assuming Wayne is dealing with chronic pain issues. That's not unusual after a severe accident like Wayne experienced. He did not sound like the pre-accident Wayne Dupuy I remember from other interviews from past shows in that phone interview last Sunday. I suggest that any further speculation on what's going on in this situation is just that, speculation.

I wish nothing but the best for Wayne, and hope he gets things worked out and returns to the best motorsport in the world.

I can vouch for that 100%. 8 months of constant pain has totally transformed me. The pain killers & sleeping pills work for a while then the pain gets worse and you put up with it the best you can and any sleep is a bonus. You have your good days but you cannot commit to anything as you never know how you will feel tomorrow. Wayne made a decision that would have been very hard but at the end of the day it is the right decision. I hope he finds a way past this and gets back on the tour. Believe me, it wont be easy.

Pain of any sort is a stressor, and constant stress is going to manifest itself negatively somewhere. It might be health, or maybe an alteration in personality, but it will show up somewhere. Only Wayne and those close to him know what the deal really is. All we can do is support him and pray for his speedy return to his former self and the sport we all love.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back