A.J. and the car info who owns it?? (1 Viewer)

Doug in the woods

Nitro Member
Just pondering about the hard drive info and the log books on the Army tf dragster.
Does Aj have the option of having/ taking with him, backup copies of all the hard drives and any log books.
These would aid the Ali-Anabi team for sure. Instead of starting from square 1 the Ali-Anabi team would start out at the top of the class.
Seems like all the runs that Tony made would be "test n tune" time on the Dons nickle and an advantage for the Ali Anabi car.
Am sure this happens quite often with the crew chief revolving door that some teams have.
Then I wonder what a log book is worth??
Are backup copies made on a daily basis. What would a log book be worth on the black market if one could even sell one??My guess for a copy of the Army log book for the year 2008 would be worth in the neighborhood of $500,000
How about a hard drive copy??$50,000 (need a log book to decipher data)
When a team owner hires a crew chief is all this discussed up front??
If the car does well seems like a pretty good way to start a top notch team from scracth on someones elses nickle.
Could be drag racings version of a golden parachute.
I recall Doug Herbert/Wayne Deputy had a conflict on this same subject??

Thats a good question , though I guess with Alan Johnsons knowledge he probably has the standard Army tune-up memorised so will probably start with that and work from there .

AJ already said that all run data over the years will stay with the Army team. Doesn't surprise me coming from Mr. Class himself.

Late............Mitch

Oh geeze - that will be the next thing.... Could you imagine some crazy Lawyer latching onto this??? :D

“You did not answer my question, Mr. Johnson. When you chose to use that exact thickness of head gasket with the intention to produce the specific compression ratio we spoke of in great detail during yesterday’s preceedings, right here in this courtroom, in front of this same jury…. while making your calculations during the preparation of your race car to race against Mr. Bernstein…… Did you or did you not take into account your previous actions you chose while being employed by Mr. Shoemacher at that same race facility one year earlier?”

"And Mr. Johnson, is it reasonable to assume that someone in your profession, who was charged with making these types of decisions while tuning a drag racing vehicle, could actually remember clearly in thier mind, the exact meterological conditions that were present 363 days earlier, without referencing any type of written or electronic historical data?"
:rolleyes: :D

Chris you made me LOL!!!.Thats what some people do. Theres more to it. But thats some funny sxxt .LOL!!

Chris, I think it might go something like this. Taking from your post and ‘A few good men’.

Alan Johnson: You want answers?

Crazy Lawyer Guy: I think I'm entitled to them.

Crazy Lawyer Guy: I want the truth!

Alan Johnson: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has tune up secrets. And those tune up secrets have to be guarded by men with race cars and trailers. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Marty the Party? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for the leakers and you curse the Army sponsorship. You have that luxury.

You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Tim and Kim retiring, while tragic, probably saved me some money and heartache. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, makes man and machines fly...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that starting line. You need me on that starting line.

We use words like reverser, nitro, puke tank...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent throwing pipe down a track at 320 mph. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very back breaking performance I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a torque wrench and slam a head on. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

Crazy Lawyer Guy: Did you order the clutch adjustment?

Alan Johnson (quietly) I did the job Don sent me to do.

Alan Johnson You're goddamn right I did!!

Chris, I think it might go something like this. Taking from your post and ‘A few good men’.

Alan Johnson: You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has tune up secrets. And those tune up secrets have to be guarded by men with race cars and trailers. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Marty the Party? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for the leakers and you curse the Army sponsorship. You have that luxury.

You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Tim and Kim retiring, while tragic, probably saved me some money and heartache. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, makes man and machines fly...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that starting line. You need me on that starting line.

We use words like reverser, nitro, puke tank...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent throwing pipe down a track at 320 mph. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very back breaking performance I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a torque wrench and slam a head on. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

ROTFLMMFAO!!!

That's my favorite movie exchange of all time! That was excellent!!!

Sean D

Wow that is some good stuff there Jim....:D

That is freaking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Un-bloody-believable....
Jim, you freakin' ROCK!!!!!!!!

d'kid
back to blowing chit up in a silly game

wow haha...Sadly I could probably see most of that coming true....But In all seriousness I dont think the Army car is getting that data. I mean were talking about a guy here who wont let ANYONE take pictures of the clutch system, and actually takes the damn clutch home with him in a bag! Yeah I think the data is going with AJ and AJ only.

Actually I never thought AJ was human and the results kinda prove that. So I did an investigation and found out that right after the last run at Pomona, AJ was placed in a patrol car and transported to Scientific De-Programming West where the chip was removed. I am told that he has no recollection of the last several years and denies ever working for Don whats his name...

Just pondering about the hard drive info and the log books on the Army tf dragster.
Does Aj have the option of having/ taking with him, backup copies of all the hard drives and any log books.
These would aid the Ali-Anabi team for sure. Instead of starting from square 1 the Ali-Anabi team would start out at the top of the class.
Seems like all the runs that Tony made would be "test n tune" time on the Dons nickle and an advantage for the Ali Anabi car.
Am sure this happens quite often with the crew chief revolving door that some teams have.
Then I wonder what a log book is worth??
Are backup copies made on a daily basis. What would a log book be worth on the black market if one could even sell one??My guess for a copy of the Army log book for the year 2008 would be worth in the neighborhood of $500,000
How about a hard drive copy??$50,000 (need a log book to decipher data)
When a team owner hires a crew chief is all this discussed up front??
If the car does well seems like a pretty good way to start a top notch team from scracth on someones elses nickle.
Could be drag racings version of a golden parachute.
I recall Doug Herbert/Wayne Deputy had a conflict on this same subject??

Sorry for the derail you do deserve a few answers. I'll provide in order.

Back up copies? He did it and I am sure he has more where that came from. Hell he re-wrote the rule book 3 times in 07 by himself.

Log book worth? Depends on who gets it. Somehave been given the whole enchilada and car still don't run. Always one or two screws that need turning ;).

Worth not much if you don't have all of the pieces and and Alan always has most of the damn toys on the playground. LOL.

Discussed up front? Depends on the team and the owner and.....

Conflict? Nah not in drag racing never happen. Musta been someone else ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back