A.J. and the car info who owns it?? (1 Viewer)

Log book worth? Depends on who gets it. Somehave been given the whole enchilada and car still don't run. Always one or two screws that need turning ;).

Exactly. I have no idea how detailed the information AJ is leaving, but it won't include his ability to make minute adjustments as conditions change. Ya can't put that in a book or on a hard drive.

Log book worth? Depends on who gets it. Somehave been given the whole enchilada and car still don't run. Always one or two screws that need turning ;).

Exactly. I have no idea how detailed the information AJ is leaving, but it won't include his ability to make minute adjustments as conditions change. Ya can't put that in a book or on a hard drive.

Like say those pesky little nuts on the clutch that may or may not actually be reading the correct number of grams they really are for instance? :p

Or like the "Camshaft Crew Chief" who brought his own cams in and took them home with him in a carry on bag every week?

Or as we used to call him "Fuel Pump Gump" who carried all of the fuel pumps in and out of the track every weekend in a big briefcase?

Crew Chiefs having secrets outside of the "book"? No way! Proposterous :D

Note to travelers who see traveling circus personnel at airports:
If any of you out there fly first class especially on the same planes as circus performers you'd better think twice about those overhead bins and the weight of some of the bags that go in them.

Not that I would ever admit to putting "special" cylinder heads (damn you Sanchez) in there or blowers or...but "it could have happened". (Oh and travel tip of the day: always put the heavy stuff, head, clutches, etc. one seat ahead of you so if it does cave in during turbulence you don't get hit).

Anyone remember all the crap when Greg Anderson left WJ? Lawsuits everywhere. Never heard what happened to it.

No two fuel cars seem repeatable, so the knowledge is fundamentally correct, but the application will be way off. AJ knows the fundamentals so he 'dont' need no stinken books!"

..................... AJ knows the fundamentals so he 'dont' need no stinken books!.......
I truly think that this is the correct answer. AJ can probably get into any field without any books, tune from there and end up with the hottest car on the grounds by the end race weekend.

It's true about 2 exact cars not acting the same. I seem to remember there's been a couple of times in the past when 2 of the Kalitta cars were more or less matched to be exact - from the wheelie bar wheel up to the tip of the nose cover and everything else in between; the only variables being driver's body weight and the friggin paint & decals.... plus the human factors of different people assembling it all. On paper, if they ran side by side... you'd think it should be pretty even.... that's just not the case.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back