Herbert Fires Poynter (1 Viewer)

Paul

Staff member
Nitro Member
I am shocked to see this! Kevin had that car flying in Richmond. I wonder if Kevin was going to a new team next year and that led to this. I see in Doug's pre race report that the Snap On President was going to be in attendance. I am sure this added some pressure given the team missed the first session due to a mechanical issue and the team smoked the tires Friday night. Still, I am shocked. Kevin will not remain unemployed long.

Scroll down to Comings and Goings.
Drag Racing Internet Magazine - Competition Plus.com - NHRA LAS VEGAS NATIONALS - EVENT NOTEBOOK

Never liked Doug Herbert and this is just another reason why I don't.

Ditto!
Doug has a history for uncerimoniously getting rid of people!

...Rob Flynn got a cel call while playing with his kids in the back yard!
...Doug HAD to wallet Jim B. back after dumping him over Wayne D.!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that really sucks!!! It's all good, Kevin will get a job again before you can blink, top crew chief, and a real nice guy!

All the best Kevin

That is surprising - Poynter won't stay on the sidelines long at all. Any team would be lucky to have him!

Ditto!
Doug has a history for uncerimoniously getting rid of people!

...Rob Flynn got a cel call while playing with his kids in the back yard!
...Doug HAD to wallet Jim B. back after dumping him over Wayne D.!

Oh yeah, like he got rid of Dupuy? Oh wait, he carried him for a year and THEN what happened........? Who screwed who?

Better question to ask would be....Whos willing to go over there and tune that car with the long list of firings from Doug. Plus with the short list of tuners out there he doesn't have much to pick from. Very dumb move on Herbert's part.

I don't think he has ever had one really good consistent crew chief. In the past how come we saw his car lead the high light reels, blowing up more than most any car out there? Who do you blame for that? Go back and look at Flynn's record since he left the Worsham's, until the past job or so he has not done very well. If Kevin was to be let go wouldn't it help him to seek a new team before the season ends? Flame away.

well -- I have been trying to understand why doug has gone through so many good crew chiefs so quickly. Seems like he never gives them a chance to gel with the team and the tune up. Why??? BUT from the outside looking in this seems like a particularly bone head decision. Kevin is one of the smartest young crew chiefs around and he was really getting the car to go. Is this a personality/ management problem with Doug?? I have no idea. Or is kevin going to the AJ team:rolleyes::rolleyes:

This is just another one of those threads where you cant really voice your opinion until you know all the facts. Who am i to say who Herbert should hire/fire...monday night crew chief thread to me...Sorry everyone thats just my opinion.

talk about dumb this is the man that fired Lahaie before indy talk about cutting off your foot.Bacas going to love this if he comes back good help is hard to find he's going to run out of good people

I think that Doug and Cruz took "Hiring the Right Person - 101" together!

Herbert seems like a loose cannon when it comes to hiring and firing.

I think that Doug and Cruz took "Hiring the Right Person - 101" together!

Herbert seems like a loose cannon when it comes to hiring and firing.

I'm not sure what Cruz has to do with this. He repeatedly acknowledges that Rahn has not only transformed the team but himself as a racer. I'd say that hire was a very good choice.

You just have to time the revolving door right at a few places out there...or you will get hit in the a$$ on the way in and out.

Kevin will be just fine.

And well good luck to the next plug and play crew and chief. Watch the door!

I'm not sure what Cruz has to do with this. He repeatedly acknowledges that Rahn has not only transformed the team but himself as a racer. I'd say that hire was a very good choice.

Rahn is the exception to the rle over there, and I am glad as I like Rahn a lot. Cruz has acknowledged this, as you said.

Cruz was changing Crew Chiefs quicker than his underwear before Rahn, as Herbert has been doing for the last few years.

Oh yeah, like he got rid of Dupuy? Oh wait, he carried him for a year and THEN what happened........? Who screwed who?
Save your breath Jim. The "Herbert Haters" have had to wait far too long, this time, to bash away at Doug and here's their chance to vent all that pent-up frustration while things went smoothly far longer than they could stand.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back