Have They Decided What to Do? (1 Viewer)

maybe more proof that the actual races wins don't matter anymore; it is all just about the rounds and points...

Changing to lanes 3 and 4 would not have fixed anything. Remember a couple years back They had to shut down lane 3 during qualifying during the 4 wides because it was all peeling up?? Not rubber, the concrete itself. This issue with the track affects all 4 lanes. They could have spent an entire night/day getting those 2 lanes ready, and be stuck in the same spot they are in now, only the teams would have 1 less day to get to Dallas. Something with the concrete is messed up, and it needs to be replaced. Mixed wrong, poured wrong, too much rush to get the job done in time, whatever, it needs to be done over.

Since there was not one round of pros completed, I believe the fans in Charlotte are due a refund. Not the best solution, as I am sure they would rather see the race they paid for.

I also feel bad for Leah Pritchett and Dave Richards, they won't be able to make it to Dallas to complete their race day.
Chris, from what i have heard Leah will be racing in Dallas. That was an awesome race between Leah and Brit... and i would love to see Leah get her first T/F win in Dallas.:)

If first round of the two nitro classes are completed then that equals a little over 53% of their pairs ran. Sixteen pairs in first round, verses 14 pairs after (8 quarters, 4 semis, 2 finals). NASCAR calls their races official after the 1/2 way point, baseball after 5 innings, etc. So what is the difference?

If the ticket cost $100.00 each (I don't know what they cost), you only paid $6.25 per pair to see them run if only first round. Plus you got to see several other classes run eliminations and got to walk around the pits. Compare that to your local match or nostagia race on a per run basis.

Changing to lanes 3 and 4 would not have fixed anything. Remember a couple years back They had to shut down lane 3 during qualifying during the 4 wides because it was all peeling up?? Not rubber, the concrete itself. This issue with the track affects all 4 lanes. They could have spent an entire night/day getting those 2 lanes ready, and be stuck in the same spot they are in now, only the teams would have 1 less day to get to Dallas. Something with the concrete is messed up, and it needs to be replaced. Mixed wrong, poured wrong, too much rush to get the job done in time, whatever, it needs to be done over.
Well then it must be a really p*** poor track and shouldn't even be on the circuit.

Well then it must be a really p*** poor track and shouldn't even be on the circuit.

I thought the track should have been re-done when it first happened years ago. It's nothing new that's happening, it's just getting worse and worse. But.. That's just my opinion, and someone else's money. :D

If first round of the two nitro classes are completed then that equals a little over 53% of their pairs ran. Sixteen pairs in first round, verses 14 pairs after (8 quarters, 4 semis, 2 finals). NASCAR calls their races official after the 1/2 way point, baseball after 5 innings, etc. So what is the difference?

If the ticket cost $100.00 each (I don't know what they cost), you only paid $6.25 per pair to see them run if only first round. Plus you got to see several other classes run eliminations and got to walk around the pits. Compare that to your local match or nostagia race on a per run basis.

The difference is simple........I do not go to the races to only watch nitro, just like I'm sure you do not go to a baseball game to only see the first half of the lineup play! If they were able to get through the first round of all the Pro categories, I wouldn't have a problem with the 50% refund.

I remember a few years a ago, Norwalk had a water drainage issue after heavy rains. They fixed it and the event went on without incident. However, it wasn't the track itself that was the problem. Hope there's something they can to do to fix Zmax. Seems to me it needs resurfaced.

I remember a few years a ago, Norwalk had a water drainage issue after heavy rains. They fixed it and the event went on without incident. However, it wasn't the track itself that was the problem. Hope there's something they can to do to fix Zmax. Seems to me it needs resurfaced.
The difference is that Norwalk had a drainage problem and I believe it was Frank Manzo that got on a tractor and dug drainage ditches to fix that problem. The Charlotte track also has concrete coming up and that could be a lot more of a complex problem. It will be interesting to see if this can be rectified easily, or if they have to grind off a layer and pour a whole new track surface. But, when they get the track back in excellent racing form then the Z-Max will be one of the best places to race on the circut again. "IMO"

Have y'all seen the tentative forcast for Ennis (Dallas)? http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USTX0430
This could get weird by the time they get back to the desert...
On the bright side: forcast is usually wrong and I finally used up the last of my Houston rain checks this year...
At this point it would almost be funny if it got rained out and they had to have a 3-in-1 race at St. Louis. What a circus that would be!

Maybe just maybe the expansion era for Bruton is done. And with no more key areas to build new tracks, no more dates to seize off NASCAR or NHRA schedules, and more importantly diminished ticket sales for all the Charlotte races especially, well just maybe things aren't as important as they used to be.

Maybe just maybe the expansion era for Bruton is done. And with no more key areas to build new tracks, no more dates to seize off NASCAR or NHRA schedules, and more importantly diminished ticket sales for all the Charlotte races especially, well just maybe things aren't as important as they used to be.

Those grand stands looked empty all weekend. Maybe that is why Bruton pushes 4 wide so hard, his Charlotte data shows more tickets sold for the Spring 4 wide event than the regular 2 wide event, in the countdown!

The Charlotte NASCAR races have fallen off a cliff in terms of attendance (as have many other venues, Joliet was not anywhere near full yesterday).

POSTPONED TOP ALCOHOL ELIMINATIONS TO CONCLUDE IN READING

GLENDORA, Calif. – NHRA officials announced today that the postponed elimination rounds for Top Alcohol Dragster and Top Alcohol Funny Car from the Pep Boys NHRA Carolina Nationals will be contested at the NHRA Nationals at Maple Grove Raceway, Oct. 2-5.

NHRA considered a number of different options as well input from the racers and felt this was the best solution to a tough situation. Round 1 of eliminations for both classes was completed in Charlotte with the remaining rounds being held in conjunction with qualifying rounds for the event at Maple Grove. Additional information will be made available as it is finalized.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back