Have They Decided What to Do? (1 Viewer)

qtermile14

Nitro Member
I am watching on line and saw a while ago when they showed the gouges from V. Gaines' crash. Does anyone know what the officials are contemplating? Like deciding to prep the other two lanes to continue later today? I didn't have the audio on earlier, and now that I have it on, no one is speaking.

Wow. Thank God V is ok....but..yeah...wow. When's the last time the sanctioning body rescheduled elims to another location. ...quite a ways away?Wow.

Is there another major league sport whose accepted practice is to reschedule an event hundreds of miles away from it's original paying customers? I wonder if anybody that would show up in Dallas with a Charlotte ticket would have a rain check honored. Definitely not putting the fan first. But, according to Mr. Compton (from DRO's InnerView):
"So with every decision we make, there's usually some people who like it and usually some people who may not like it too much. But they can't see all the different factors we're weighing inside here, from our perspective. So I don't expect fans to jump up and down over every decision we make. They can't possibly understand all the things we're weighing. We are trying to make the right decisions to move the sport forward and keep it working for all of the stakeholders, who sometimes have completely different objectives."
So, what does that fan that just watched the rest of his ticket value drive off to Dallas (or Indy to Brainerd) know? Right, Tom?

can't they just prep the other two lanes and have at it tomorrow what the hell did burton make it four wide for. this would let the fans there see the race finish. I don't know do the pro stocks run better on the right two lanes. if they are not going to use all the lanes then don't go messing with vegas

It sucks for the ticket holders that didn't get to see the remainder of the race "been there done that"...but, it should be pretty exciting to see a doubleheader on tv next week.

can't they just prep the other two lanes and have at it tomorrow what the hell did burton make it four wide for. this would let the fans there see the race finish. I don't know do the pro stocks run better on the right two lanes. if they are not going to use all the lanes then don't go messing with vegas
The entire idea of how the extra two lanes were going to be the magic bullet if this ever happened came to fruition, and it seems to have been just lip service.

Since there was not one round of pros completed, I believe the fans in Charlotte are due a refund. Not the best solution, as I am sure they would rather see the race they paid for.

I also feel bad for Leah Pritchett and Dave Richards, they won't be able to make it to Dallas to complete their race day.

It sucks for the ticket holders that didn't get to see the remainder of the race "been there done that"...but, it should be pretty exciting to see a doubleheader on tv next week.

Only if you are going to stay up until 3am to watch the Dallas qualifying...or is it Charlotte finals?

Since there was not one round of pros completed, I believe the fans in Charlotte are due a refund. Not the best solution, as I am sure they would rather see the race they paid for.

I also feel bad for Leah Pritchett and Dave Richards, they won't be able to make it to Dallas to complete their race day.

Nitro completed and that is what they go by. I think it is a 50% refund after round 1

By that logic, MLB would be calling ballgames official after the second inning. It again truly shows that there are exactly two classes that really matter to NHRA.

Nitro completed and that is what they go by. I think it is a 50% refund after round 1

Yes, that is what the NHRA is saying, 50%. However, that is based on the NHRA's weather policy, which in my opinion is total BS!! They are using the small rain shower that occurred after V's crash as an excuse, when the real culprit was the track condition that they knew about before the start of eliminations today.

Oh well, I guess I'll get my 50% credit after watching less than an 1/8 of the racing that was planned for the day (for the Pro categories)!

Here we go .... Brainerd all over again and there go ticket sales if the NHRA keeps insisting on completing events at the next venue. This especially doesn't make any sense considering they have TWO OTHER LANES THEY CAN PREP for tomorrow. How stupid. I guess the days of completing a race at the same venue on Monday are over. The only race I'm able to attend each year is Norwalk, and I always make sure I have Monday off in case there is a rain postponement. I would sure hate to have to go to Denver, two weeks later to see the conclusion. Won't happen. I am very thankful that V. Gaines is okay though. That's the most important thing.

I'm not saying I agree with the policy, just pointing out what it is.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back