What to do... FC 2-4. (1 Viewer)

Just Paul

Nitro Member
Today is the coolest day by far according to accuweather.com. The guys 2-4 in FC need to set a national record to have any chance on winning the title.
It's supposed to be in the low 70s when they run today, but 83 tomorrow, 88 Sat, and 87 Sunday. It looks to me like try and run it hard today, and then hope you get to the final Sunday and pull an Alan Johnson. Pomona is usually behind schedule on when the cars run, but who knows if that will play a factor or not.

Also, we'll see what the track is like. In Vegas, they ran quicker in testing before and after the event then they did during the actual event. Differnece in track prep???

Well, Tony P. qualified, so that pretty much takes care of that.

I truly did dream about it last night tho.

TP DNQ's, Hight qualifies #1, Capps #6.

Hight loses 1st rd, Capps goes rounds, it's 3rd round, daylight savings, cooler conditions, track is tight, Ace goes for broke and throws the kitchen sink at the car, runs a 4.67, moves on to 4th round, air much cooler, conditions are perfect, puts a 4.62 on the board, wins the race and championship.
Crowd goes crazy.

ahhhh..........dreams........

Tony P's first run does not guarantee that he will stay in the field - the record bump time for Funny Car is a 4.795. However, given the forecast for Santa Ana conditions Friday and at least the first round Saturday, it is likely he will stay in the field, even if he does not improve.

Tony P's first run does not guarantee that he will stay in the field - the record bump time for Funny Car is a 4.795. However, given the forecast for Santa Ana conditions Friday and at least the first round Saturday, it is likely he will stay in the field, even if he does not improve.

Yup... the weather is just not going to allow records this weekend, and Tony P is pretty much in, although bottom half by the time it's all said and done if he stays on that time.

... Also, we'll see what the track is like. In Vegas, they ran quicker in testing before and after the event then they did during the actual event. Differnece in track prep???
That doesn't surprise me at all! The NHRA track "guru" has always been able to screw up a perfectly good racing surface then have to have the local boys come in and rework it.

Remember Vegas two or three years ago...

That doesn't surprise me at all! The NHRA track "guru" has always been able to screw up a perfectly good racing surface then have to have the local boys come in and rework it.

Remember Vegas two or three years ago...
They're the best in the business of building one lane race tracks!:p

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back