Great Question Mr. Burk (1 Viewer)

Of course you are not operating with prejudice based on 20th-21th century acts of some people that you don't like. Look into the nature of Allah as originally described. Judeo Christian God is often twisted into a monster.....

Didn't know we were talking about people. Thought it was God and Allah

We are a curiously vain lot, us humans, that such a ridiculous activity as sport merits any notice from the almighty, let alone his intervention towards a given result.

My thoughts are with you Karl.

Chris, I couldn't have put it better. Personally, I hate it when any athlete credits God or any other almighty being for victory. Yeah, cuz they wanted YOU to win and the other guy to lose.

And Karl, same here man. Not possibly having a clue what it could be like to go thru what you are, nevertheless, I care.

Last edited:
First off, Karl, best wishes to you. Hope everything goes well.

As far praising Allah....

The bombing of the USS Cole, the first world trade center attack, the 2nd attack which crushed 3000+ people, the London bombings, and countless other deadly attacks on innocent people were all done in the name of "Allah." The senseless murders of hundreds of women in middle-eastern countries for petty things like wearing an above-the-knee skirt or looking at a boy are all done in the name of "Allah."

If a racer decides to praise "Allah," knowing that his non-existent deity influenced murder all over the world.... hell yeah I'd be upset. :mad:

While the Quran (or Koran) purports that Allah is the God of Abraham (thus making Allah also the God of the Bible) there is a fair amount of scholarly work stating otherwise. No one but God knows for sure.

Whether or not God takes a specific interest in the outcome of a particular race is irrelevant to why Christians thank God. We believe that "I can do all this through him who gives me strength" (Philipians 4:13, NIV). Therefore, it's not that God gave them the win because they pray to or believe in Him but that they wouldn't be racing at all if it wasn't for His grace. I don't know if this is the same view taken by Allen Johnson, Mike Edwards, Erica Enders or Antron Brown so you'll have to discuss it with them.

Wow..this got really wanky.

But we knew it would right? I think it is actually silly..

We're racing, Man!! Whether you believe there were divine instances of you being able to do this..bless your heart. Some hear ya..some don't. So why even have it be an issue?

I honestly don't care what one's belief is. If you want to pay tribute to what YOU believe in your brief time of glory, doesn't bother me at all.

Buddah, Christ, Allah, Hopi.. Mickey Mouse..have at it.

People need to pull their underwear out of the butt crack.

Carry on with the silliness.

Wow..this got really wanky.

But we knew it would right? I think it is actually silly..

We're racing, Man!! Whether you believe there were divine instances of you being able to do this..bless your heart. Some hear ya..some don't. So why even have it be an issue?

I honestly don't care what one's belief is. If you want to pay tribute to what YOU believe in your brief time of glory, doesn't bother me at all.

Buddah, Christ, Allah, Hopi.. Mickey Mouse..have at it.

People need to pull their underwear out of the butt crack.

Carry on with the silliness.

Hear Hear,

If a Racer, Athlete, Politician or anyone for that matter to offer thanks to the person or being that they believed strongly in, and thank them for their victory, be it their GOD, Higher Power, Mom, Dad or Great Aunt Phylis, it is their personal choice and belief for their support and persistence of what ever kind they offer to them in the endeavor.

For the act of any terrorism or subversive behavior, to offer thanks to Anyone, or anything is purely bragging their belief was correct and it was justified rightly. It may help them sleep at night, it may make them taller in their boots, but is purely inconsistent and incorrect.

The thought that anyone would/could condemn a person's beliefs based solely on their religion is purely asinine. There are good people, and there are bad people, but to offer that one is such, based on religion is absurd.

First off, Karl, best wishes to you. Hope everything goes well.

As far praising Allah....

The bombing of the USS Cole, the first world trade center attack, the 2nd attack which crushed 3000+ people, the London bombings, and countless other deadly attacks on innocent people were all done in the name of "Allah." The senseless murders of hundreds of women in middle-eastern countries for petty things like wearing an above-the-knee skirt or looking at a boy are all done in the name of "Allah."

If a racer decides to praise "Allah," knowing that his non-existent deity influenced murder all over the world.... hell yeah I'd be upset. :mad:

The counterpoint to this is.. Does that mean all the killing that's been done for 2,012 years in the name of God is okay? What makes it any different?

Religion and hypocrisy will hold hands for all of eternity.

I think Burk is asking more of a hypothetical question. We are so used to living in our 'little world' and now we one day will have a Muslim or even an Atheist say to the ESPN reporter 'Thank you Allah' or the atheist saying "This deal was the result of me working my ass off and there wasn't a God involved" and how would the average viewer react? I think thats what he is eluding too.

We can all sit around and argue religion. The one thing that is common between them all is we really really don't know. Thats why its called 'Faith' and not 'Fact' If we all knew what was going to really happen to each of us when we died, do you really think religion would serve a purpose in this world? I doubt it, we all would know ONE set of rules for us to live by and we would choose to follow them or not. Not 50 some iterations of rules and Gods. Look up Pascals wager when you get the time.

As far as the Muslims being the 'hell-raisers' pun intended. Yes there is a group like that now. I think they are just behind the times, the 'Christians' weren't the best example during the Crusades. Hell you could use the 'Christian' group from OK that shows up at military funerals or the Christian minister in CO that got caught doing drugs and in a homosexual relationship as bad apples for the Christians or etc etc.

I used to travel alot working on a TF team. I had a couple chances to sit next to a Muslim on a plane. Truthfully my stereotypes were making my mind set up a plan for when the guy tried to hi-jack the plane after take-off. After the two hours on the plane bs'ing with him, I respected the hell out of him.

I think Burk is just asking if the average viewer is ready to get exposed to the real world in front of him that nots just the average Joe the Plumber Christian that won a race. Times are changing, we had Brown win the TF deal and a woman really kick ass in PS. Its just a matter of time before a Muslim wins and thanks Allah. The reaction to it all will be pretty entertaining I think.

Last edited:
The counterpoint to this is.. Does that mean all the killing that's been done for 2,012 years in the name of God is okay? What makes it any different?

Religion and hypocrisy will hold hands for all of eternity.

I can't think of any religion that sponsors Blowing up Buildings and chopping off heads like the Islamic Extremists can you?

Because you only think of religion in modern times.. it's been around for 2000 years and there have been plenty of torturing and beheading well before the 1900's and 2000's. Lest we not forget the priests that molest little boys in the name of God. Certainly not trying to get sidetracked here, but really, any and all religion is wrong. Yours is no better than theirs whether you choose to believe it or not.

I was going to say something very similar, I have never seen a religion push people to commit murder like "the religion of peace." :mad:

al qaeda - rooted in islam
jewish defense league - rooted in judaism
christian identity movement - rooted in christianity

all religions give rise to smaller
groups with extreme nationalistic messages and violence
in the name of their religion.

in fact, i think it's safe to say in history no religion can claim to be a religion
only of peace or a religion purely of violence.

sometimes i wonder if our gov't. isn't in the business of constantly dumbing
down our population, replacing our once hatred of stalinist communism
with what almost seems to be scripted islam.

much more to 9/11 than 19 guys with box cutters.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back