Hmm - so is IHRA now a "Match Race"? (1 Viewer)

Dougster

Nitro Member
Here's the latest blurb from Gilby's blog. I've been following it for the last couple of years to see how he deals with trying not to mention IHRA on the NHRA site. Usually BB just says "a race" when referring to IHRA races they're contesting. This time though, the IHRA Canadian Nationals have been "demoted" to the status of a match race...

"The team is on their way to Canada for a match race this weekend. Then they're coming back to S.C., for another match race the following weekend. Then they'll run three races in a row (Milan, Budds Creek, and Virginia) before they get a weekend off. "

While I certainly understand that they don't want to mention the "other side" on an NHRA-hosted blog, I think they're going too far. After all, when Hilary Will ran and won at Martin (or was it Milan?) last year, her blog on nhra.com mentioned that it was an IHRA race. Don't get me wrong, I love IHRA and I love Gilby, but this seems to be a bit too PC for me.

Here's the latest blurb from Gilby's blog. I've been following it for the last couple of years to see how he deals with trying not to mention IHRA on the NHRA site. Usually BB just says "a race" when referring to IHRA races they're contesting. This time though, the IHRA Canadian Nationals have been "demoted" to the status of a match race...

While I certainly understand that they don't want to mention the "other side" on an NHRA-hosted blog, I think they're going too far. After all, when Hilary Will ran and won at Martin (or was it Milan?) last year, her blog on nhra.com mentioned that it was an IHRA race. Don't get me wrong, I love IHRA and I love Gilby, but this seems to be a bit too PC for me.

She got her win at Norwalk

that is a bit PC... considering even the ESPN shows mentioned the IHRA a couple times.....lol...

Billy

Frey and Alan do on the audiocast as well.

Seems odd but no biggie

maybe he doesn't mention IHRA by name because he's always getting his ass kicked?

Just kidding, just PC, no big deal.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back