Great Question Mr. Burk (1 Viewer)

d'kid

Nitro Member
"I wonder if anyone would get upset if a racer of the Muslim faith who won an NHRA professional class then praised Allah and gave him all credit for his or her win on the TV interview?" -Jeff Burk

Nor do I care if you Thank 'The Lord & Lady' or anyone else you may believe in. It's all the same 'being'... we just call on them under a different name. Let's say I've given it a lot of thought the last six months... not sleeping more than a couple of hours at a time(check time 'hacks' on my posts between late May and now and see what I mean)... When you're fighting cancer, and get to this point, wasn't a whole bunch else to do, except remember... I've seen The Southern Cross, I've have been around the World.

Gone through a couple of surgerys, then rounds of chemo twice (first time, every mon. & tues. after Rad Every morning at 8 AM for 10 weeks... 2nd time in Oct two days of chemo, then five times/treatments of pinpoint/computer aimed rad called cyber-knife... loose all your teeth, finally get to the point where you're not just using a feeding tube in your stomach... but man, ya get tired of oatmeal and cream of wheat... having to really pay attention to getting it down the correct side....

Thanks Friends

d'kid

Why start a thread like this, in this forum, knowing it is so inflammatory?
The mods have strict rules.
But, to answer your question, no they are not the same "being."
And, yes, a lot of people would get upset.

Hope it is getting better for you Karl. Is the prognosis positive?

Think Paul Candies put it best...

It Don't Get No Better Than This...

We Will Get By... Got my kids and grand-kids, gotta stick around until next May to see K'dubs get married.

d'kid

We are a curiously vain lot, us humans, that such a ridiculous activity as sport merits any notice from the almighty, let alone his intervention towards a given result.

My thoughts are with you Karl.

Last edited:
Why start a thread like this, in this forum, knowing it is so inflammatory?
The mods have strict rules.
But, to answer your question, no they are not the same "being."
And, yes, a lot of people would get upset.

Ted,
I did not ask a question, I gave my personal belief in answer to Mr. Burk's question, starting with 'nor do I care'. I am looking forward to next season, I'm even going to pay attention to pipe-racks with Brit Force going for RoTY....:cool:

Thank you to Paul, Mike, and Norman:D

d'kid

To each his own. Not my place to say who's right or wrong.

Karl, I wish you well, and hope you see a wonderful wedding in May and beyond.

The one common truth they share is neither exist and a lot of people die because they think they do.

That couldn't be farther from the truth.
Of course you are not operating with prejudice based on 20th-21th century acts of some people that you don't like. Look into the nature of Allah as originally described. Judeo Christian God is often twisted into a monster.....

Thanks Karl, you thought things would get dull for us mods around here and decided to light this one up :)

Hope all is well for this May and many more May's beyond that

My thoughts & prayers are with with you, my friend... I'm looking forward to hearing about how wonderful the wedding was. Take care of yourself, the 2013 Mello Yellow season is right around the corner.

My thoughts & prayers are with with you, my friend... I'm looking forward to hearing about how wonderful the wedding was. Take care of yourself, the 2013 Mello Yellow season is right around the corner.

Six Months... yeah, less time than I spent on Diego G. back in '76... ya take care, let ya know the date when I hear... mushroom here, typical dad...

d'kid

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back