Force Funny Cars (1 Viewer)

the pic richard posted is the last era FC bodies resembled production cars......the side glass and post were still on same plane
with the side of the body.....they actually looked like the sedan or coupe they were meant to resemble.
what we have today IMO does NOT resemble anything production and to imply that they do is ridiculous. yes, i get it, the body lines
on the mopars are different than wilk's stang are different than the toyotas; barely. it appears now that the new force camaro body
mite have the smallest 'bubble' yet......wow!, i'm impressed.....not. i understand how everything has evolved to what is essentially
a wedge, but i wish the nhra hadn't allowed the canopies to morph as they have away from basic body/roof lines.

I agree that they never should have allowed them to do away with the full width windshield/ cockpit. Unfortunately they did and now we have to live with it.

Why do people like funny car? I think he exaggerated lines make them what they are. These things have developed over the last 50 years into what they are today, fire breathing monsters that I personally think wouldn't be half as much fun if they weren't so wild. As for Force's car I'd like to see what they're doing with the double burst panels. I think that will be a huge safety factor. Just look at Hale's explosion this weekend. We haven't seen anything like that for a while and hopefully Force's design will help preserve future bodies and costs. Also I'm diggin that front splitter. I think this is gonna do good.

The Dodge bodies like Jim Dunn/John Hale are running are the old DSR "tear at the dotted line" bodies

the pic richard posted is the last era FC bodies resembled production cars......the side glass and post were still on same plane
with the side of the body.....they actually looked like the sedan or coupe they were meant to resemble.
what we have today IMO does NOT resemble anything production and to imply that they do is ridiculous. yes, i get it, the body lines
on the mopars are different than wilk's stang are different than the toyotas; barely. it appears now that the new force camaro body
mite have the smallest 'bubble' yet......wow!, i'm impressed.....not. i understand how everything has evolved to what is essentially
a wedge, but i wish the nhra hadn't allowed the canopies to morph as they have away from basic body/roof lines.
I agree, but there would be sacrifices like slower speeds and et's. To me 280-300mph and 1/4 mile racing would be great and there would be a lot more cars.

Yet all the complaints about Funny Car bodies come from a lot of the same people that think Pro Mod is one of the best things that ever happened in drag racing. Like those aren't wedges on wheels.....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back