Hodgson Camaro body (1 Viewer)

cephus

Nitro Member
this is wat force and the rest of the so called Chevy funny cars shuld run at least it wuld b closer to a real Camaro body than the plain jane we hav now,, puttin a chevy sticker on the bodys r some what an insult to the real car guys,, as they are they are boring cars and culd actually slow them a little and I no gonna hear now go to a nostalgia race and I hav and I like them but the hodgson Camaro aint nostalgia either at least Top Fuel cars look like Top fuel cars
:(:eek::rolleyes:

Last edited:
No no, you sit back down...let me pour you another one...

3226901788_e064476f7d_z.jpg

That body should have NEVER been allowed to compete! It's not nostalgia, it's a Pro Mod without doors. Frank Ousley joked about putting a Camaro wrap on his Toyota body (ex-Troxel FC body) and seeing if it passes. :D

For the people that haven't seen it:
Ryan_Hodgson_Funny_Car_wi.jpg

TM_RyanHodgson-side.jpg

Hmm, which one looks like a nostalgia Camaro FC and which one does not?
TM_JasonRupert_RyanHodgson.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think Jason Rupert's body should be allowed either with the stretched front end, but there is very little nostalgia in nostalgia racing anymore. That horse has left the barn.

I'm a big Pro Mod fan and love the look of the car, but I can see where sanctioning bodies might reject it as it's too slick and tapered to meet nostalgia requirements. Too bad :(

I have to agree it should not be allowed. I do think that If they could have made that body in 1970 they would have. But because they didn't it should be banned.

I however also believe Nostalgia Funny Cars should be painted and named after former Funny Cars that were real existing Funny Cars. If you don't then its just a 1969 Camaro FC or a 1970 Cuda, not Nostalgia.

I couldn't care if Bays and Rupert races Ron Hodgson. Its not Nostalgia Funny Cars. BUT If Gary Burgins Replicar was Racing Snakes Army Replicar. That I WOULD BUY A TICKET TOO!

Bring Back
Chi-town
Stardust
LA Hooker
Sundance
Revellution

Snowman
Billy Meyer

Black Magic
Trojan Horse
Wonder Wagon
Fighting Irish
Shirl Greer
Motown Shaker
Candies & Hughes
Gary Burgin

Pizza Haven
Snake & Mongoose
Showtime
Barry Setzer
Jungle Jim
Ramchargers
Custom Body
Damn Yankee
Eastern Raider
Mr Ed
Blue Max
Hawaiian
Boston Shaker
Pabst Charger

Green Elephant
Pizano

AND the list goes on, Just my opinion.

Um, John, Jason's car is as you suggested you'd like to see.

20Bays1.JPG

Jason's dad Frank at the wheel and Richard turning wrenches and popping a top...!

I think nostalgia funny car bodies should be true to the time period. A 67-69 Camaro should look like one raced in that time period, like Bruce Larson's Camaro. No big spill plates, no big show type cockpit enclosures. Slightly narrowed is ok, as long a it's true to the period.

Most of those names are owned by someone. I don't think you can just build a car and call it the Blue Max. I know, there are more Jungle cars out there than Jungle ever owned.

I think a simple test for the legality of a NFC body should be this: If you can't immediately tell what make/model a car is when it's a solid color (sans wrap), then it's not legal. I'm not that fond of the long front overhang bodies like the Bays & Rupert Camaro above because back in the day the wheels were moved far forward like an A/FX car; which is where FCs evolved from anyway. BUT.... I can tell that the Bays & Rupert car is a '69 Camaro instantly, so it should be legal.

Nostalgia funnycar will go the way of top fuel. There are no nostalgia top fuel cars in competition. Those all have the VW tires, phone booth cockpits, giant canard wings, narrow front axels, big show carbon injectors.. When it first started with Goodguys, Dan Horan and a few others had real nostalgia top fuelers.

Most of those names are owned by someone. I don't think you can just build a car and call it the Blue Max. I know, there are more Jungle cars out there than Jungle ever owned.

Thats true they are "Owned" by someone. HOWEVER asking to build a tribute car would flatter most former FC owners and drivers. It doesn't hurt to ask! Getting former owners involved without a penny from them might help also.

Nostalgia funnycar will go the way of top fuel. There are no nostalgia top fuel cars in competition. Those all have the VW tires, phone booth cockpits, giant canard wings, narrow front axels, big show carbon injectors.. When it first started with Goodguys, Dan Horan and a few others had real nostalgia top fuelers.
I hate the new, front motored top fuel cars. No nostalgia there other than the engine being in front of the driver. The cockpit position looks hideous. Not a fan of the narrow front ends either.

I hate the new, front motored top fuel cars. No nostalgia there other than the engine being in front of the driver. The cockpit position looks hideous. Not a fan of the narrow front ends either.
I'm sure it won't change your opinion of the looks, but skip ahead to 7:15 for why they look like they do now. I still think they look bad ass.

since they hav let the funny cars evolve they shuld let NTF hav rear engine to b fair !!:D but I am bias I want to do a RETF but it wuld fair

IMHO NFC should look like an old funny car, not a modern funny car that happens to have body patterned after an old car, know what I mean?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back