Hodgson Camaro body (1 Viewer)

rear engine and wheel pants!
3_1FF8_179.jpg
images.jpg

Wow that body is an abortion. Ugly as hell and against the spirit of the class. These guys have been pushing toward aerodynamic bodies more and more and NO ONE to stop them. The class will soon be transformed into Nitro Pro Mod®™©.

since they hav let the funny cars evolve they shuld let NTF hav rear engine to b fair !!:D but I am bias I want to do a RETF but it wuld fair

Guy,

Build it and they will come. Here's a photo of my friend Mike Halstead driving the Candies & Hughes RED at this years CHRR. Note as the car shredded both front tires while he was able to stop the car without any further damage.

Photo found on nostalgiadragworld.com

WHL10188.jpg

Last edited:
Guy,

Build it and they will come. Here's a photo of my friend Mike Halstead driving the Candies & Hughes RED at this years CHRR. Note as the car shredded both front tires while he was able to stop the car without any further damage.

Photo found on nostalgiadragworld.com

View attachment 3498
Gino, Mike stopped by and said hi to me at the Mooneyes Christmas party/car show/drag race at Irwindale speedway last Saturday.

Eugene,

I thought about going out the Mooneyes show with the Famoso Speed Shop Guys, but didn't make it...and bummed about it. Anymore it's about getting projects done for me.

Yea, Mike is a good guy and a great driver too. Wouldn't be surprised to see him driving a big show car if he hasn't done so yet. Told him I have him pegged to drive my fantasy AA/FA I'm gonna call, "Destination: Unknown."

As an east coast guy, I envy you guys that can go to car shows like Mooneyes this time of year. Anybody know why Force doesn't have his anymore? I always wanted to try to hit that one.

Yeah, I miss that Force show. Always had a great turnout of cars and a CHP Christmas toy drive as well. I haven't been through Yorba Linda lately, but had heard the shop there was closed; assuming all moved to Brownsburg, IN like everyone else.

Dan I like funnys and rails but just like nitro and I hav a rail so it makes more sense for me work with wat I have
gk

Like the link Brent posted says. The older style bodies max was 220 and can't handle 260+ mph from a safety standpoint.

I'd love to see the older, truly nostalgia stuff, but I also don't want to see all hell break loose because the older style body can't handle it.

Like the link Brent posted says. The older style bodies max was 220 and can't handle 260+ mph from a safety standpoint.

I'd love to see the older, truly nostalgia stuff, but I also don't want to see all hell break loose because the older style body can't handle it.

The older looking nostalgia bodies handle speed just fine. We've gone 258 with a non aero Monza, no issues at all. I believe that was just blowing in someone's ear to get what they wanted. Must of worked !

Agree Mr. White, some guys just want an easier way of going faster. And it's easier to get the Tech Dept. at NHRA to approve bodies than run their cars without blowing them up. ;)

I think the Hodgson bunch would have gone just as fast and still won the race if they ran their previous Firebird body rather than that mess.

The older looking nostalgia bodies handle speed just fine. We've gone 258 with a non aero Monza, no issues at all. I believe that was just blowing in someone's ear to get what they wanted. Must of worked !
Wait, you drive a nostalgia FC? ;)

Did you see I tagged you in another pic on FB a couple days ago?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back