Eric Medlen Passed Today (1 Viewer)

I have never felt this way about the loss of another life, but I've been lucky enough so far not to lose too many people close to me. I don't know why this has hit me so hard, but I feel like I'm going to be sick. It could be just the thought of what Force and John Medlen must be going through right now, and having kids of my own. Dear God be with these people who have to deal with a pain that is unbearable to even comprehend. Many people, including myself, like to say "there's a reason for everything". At a time like this, it's hard to even fathom what that "reason" could be. There's no doubt God called up one of the best funny car drivers out there, and it will be a huge loss to this sport. What a great great human being, a kind soul, and a friend to all. Eric will be missed more than these feeble words can ever convey.

God bless you Eric. My prayers and deepest sympathies to the Medlen family for strength and comfort. Also to JFR and all of Erics team. I can't know your pain. I can only know mine and that can't compare.

god speed eric. thoughts and prayers to his family and the drag racing community. we truly are one big family.

Last edited:
I have never felt this way about the loss of another life, but I've been lucky enough so far not to lose too many people close to me. I don't know why this has hit me so hard, but I feel like I'm going to be sick. It could be just the thought of what Force and John Medlen must be going through right now, and having kids of my own. Dear God be with these people who have to deal with a pain that is unbearable to even comprehend. Many people, including myself, like to say "there's a reason for everything". At a time like this, it's hard to even fathom what that "reason" could be. There's no doubt God called up one of the best funny car drivers out there, and it will be a huge loss to this sport. What a great great human being, a kind soul, and a friend to all. Eric will be missed more than these feeble words can ever convey.
Feeble words?? I DONT TINK SO!!
That was Beautiful... :)

This is not the news I was expecting either. I really had hope and thought that he was one of the tough ones who would get through this terrible situation, but the man upstairs had other plans for Eric. I pray now for John Medlen to find peace as it has to be horrible to lose your son in an accident where you helped strap him in and allowed him to live his dream. Godspeed to Eric and peace and comfort to the Medlen and Force familes at JFR.

This is devastating news. I've spent the day trying to get back to OK from NYC and haven't had any chance to log on until just now. I'm just kind of in shock, I guess. I, like many others here have stated, felt certain he'd pull through this.

May peace be wth the Medlen's, everyone at JFR, and all those who knew, loved, and admired Eric. Rest In Peace, Racer, you truly will be missed.

Greg, that was well put. I can understand when you say that you want to feel sick, when Blaine and Elmer passed, that hit me hard for a long time, I just wanted to throw up when I found out, and every year it comes back and hits me. Maybe it's because they were, still are my favourites.

Anyway Greg, like Ray said 'beautiful' not feeble buddy.

Mike

R.I.P Eric

Drag racing lost a great driver today and the world lost an incredible human being.

God speed Eric, you're in heaven's winner circle now...

My heart weeps...for Eric, his parents, the JFR racing family, and selfishly, for me, a fan who had only met him a half dozen times or so. I cannot imagine the courage and bravery it took for his parents to make this decision. Despite how much we all hurt, which cannot begin to touch on their pain, they need to know that it was the right thing. Clearly, everyone on this post loved Eric, and I believe deep down we all know that if he couldn't come back to this life he loved so enthusiastically and spread that infectious goodness he had with that amazing grin of his, then letting go, despite the pain, was right.

I've cried and I imagine that I'll be crying at least a few times in the coming days. The Pearly Gates Raceway just got Funny Car drivin' angel.

God bless, Eric. You are missed...

I kept checking this site and others over the past few days hoping I'd never read this.

God Speed, Eric. You will be missed.

Thoughts and prayers go out to the family, John Force Racing and everyone connected.

What a sad day.

Hard to find words. We lost a child 30 years ago - it still hurts. My heart goes out to the Medlins, JFR and Eric's legion of friends. Thank God Larry Smiley was there to provide support.
RIP Eric, you will be missed forever.

my thoughts exactly Drew...a very sad day. But I do smile when I think of Eric's smile and the joy that flowed out of him....May he rest in peace.

smiley_angel.jpg

I have been tring all day to put words together to share
Its just not going to happen

RIP my good brother, Sunday's wont be the same without you. May you find peace and all who loved you so deeply find nothing but inspiration from the man you are.

My heart weeps...for Eric, his parents, the JFR racing family, and selfishly, for me, a fan who had only met him a half dozen times or so. I cannot imagine the courage and bravery it took for his parents to make this decision. Despite how much we all hurt, which cannot begin to touch on their pain, they need to know that it was the right thing. Clearly, everyone on this post loved Eric, and I believe deep down we all know that if he couldn't come back to this life he loved so enthusiastically and spread that infectious goodness he had with that amazing grin of his, then letting go, despite the pain, was right.

I've cried and I imagine that I'll be crying at least a few times in the coming days. The Pearly Gates Raceway just got Funny Car drivin' angel.

God bless, Eric. You are missed...
that was an amazing post nicole! just when i thought i cant cry anymore, this post did it. godspeed eric, tearfully, jeff.

I'm sitting here in silence. Out of respect. Also, because no words can convey how I feel. Gut-punched. That's about as close as I can get. Eric, you were a good man. Great son, good driver and a wonderful part of the drag racing family. My hope is that you rest in peace, and that your family can find solace in this dark and troublesome time in their lives.

We're gonna miss you down here man....:( :(

Bob

I am truly at a loss for words.....

I spent several hours out in our trailer tonight going over every single detail on our car getting ready to race tomorrow. Just letting my mind go and trying to find a little inner peace.......

PASSIONATE, The only word that describes Eric Medlen...You will be missed. My heartfelt prayers go out to the Medlen Family and all of the JFR family, God bless all of you and Godspeed Eric.:(

Went to log on a little bit ago and the first thing I did was go to NHRA.com, I think 10:44PM was when I could feel me heart break. :( I cannot imagine what John is feeling right now. :(

RIP, Eric.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back