Eric Medlen Passed Today (1 Viewer)

Great pictures and thanks for sharing. I haven't said too much the last couple of days, just been in shock i guess. Eric was such a good honest genuine guy and its just terrible. My thoughts go out to his family and the entire jfr family. Rest in Peace Eric.
My Thoughts and Prayers go out to the Family and Friends of Eric. Eric defintely always had a smile on his face and Enjoyed being out and about with the fans just as much as he loved racing. He will be missed

I updated Erics Photo Gallery on my website In memory of Eric Medlen

David Smith

I wasn't sure which thread to post this thought on, so I just chose this one...

I was serving at sea aboard USS CARL VINSON when Darrell Russell's tragedy happened. I was fortunate enough to have a break in my busy work routine to see a small portion of the St. Louis race (it's comes and goes as the ship turns) and I saw Darrell's race with Scott Kalitta and the subsequent crash... then we lost coverage for a period of time. When it came back I saw the picture of Darrell with the dates indicating we'd lost him... I was absolutely devastated & it shook me for quite a while.

My point. I'm a nobody on this board - just a die hard fan with no experience, just a pure passion for the sport of drag racing. Thank you all for what you've given me over the course of the last few days. I didn't have access to the support group at sea (no, or limited internet access & certainly NO message board access) back then that I've been blessed with today. I hope none of us ever have to go through this again, but knowing I have you to lean on should tragedy strike again certainly helps.

Thank you all & God bless Eric!

I wasn't sure which thread to post this thought on, so I just chose this one...

I was serving at sea aboard USS CARL VINSON when Darrell Russell's tragedy happened. I was fortunate enough to have a break in my busy work routine to see a small portion of the St. Louis race (it's comes and goes as the ship turns) and I saw Darrell's race with Scott Kalitta and the subsequent crash... then we lost coverage for a period of time. When it came back I saw the picture of Darrell with the dates indicating we'd lost him... I was absolutely devastated & it shook me for quite a while.

My point. I'm a nobody on this board - just a die hard fan with no experience, just a pure passion for the sport of drag racing. Thank you all for what you've given me over the course of the last few days. I didn't have access to the support group at sea (no, or limited internet access & certainly NO message board access) back then that I've been blessed with today. I hope none of us ever have to go through this again, but knowing I have you to lean on should tragedy strike again certainly helps.

Thank you all & God bless Eric!
Gordon
That was beautiful and very well said... I am not sure how I would have handled this without the support system that WE ALL have here... I HAD to be where our Brother Darrell lost his fight the year after it happened... and it did help me alot... Next year, Gainesville will be on my schedule...
Thank You Gordon... :)

I hadn't logged onto the internet since early Friday afternoon, and only just learned of Eric's passing from a phone call from a friend this evening. Like others here, I assumed Eric was gonna beat this, but sadly, it was not to be.

My heartfelt condolences go out to the Medlen family, and JFR.

Godspeed Eric.

Last edited:
the news hit me hard
eric was such a great guy
i only got to talk to eric about 20 minutes a year ,and a few emails but that was it
i have been watching the tributes, lookin at pics, and just gettin real emotional, it really hurts on the inside.
i have been having a hero card from the track of eric on my wall for the last year, to remind me, that i wanna be like him, to be honest, and just have the qualities he did.
now im going to have one of my pics framed in memory of eric, and put on the wall, as part of my panorama on my wall.

eric, we will miss you

GodSpeed Eric

the news hit me hard
eric was such a great guy
i only got to talk to eric about 20 minutes a year ,and a few emails but that was it
i have been watching the tributes, lookin at pics, and just gettin real emotional, it really hurts on the inside.
i have been having a hero card from the track of eric on my wall for the last year, to remind me, that i wanna be like him, to be honest, and just have the qualities he did.
now im going to have one of my pics framed in memory of eric, and put on the wall, as part of my panorama on my wall.

eric, we will miss you

GodSpeed Eric

Cody
I wish I knew your age, however with that being said, I am going to talk to you, Man To Man...
What you are feeling and experiencing right now is normal and called, being a caring and loving human being... The heartache, hurt, and sad and empty feelings will fade away with the passage of time... You must hold on to that belief... The qualities of Eric that you speak of, have already been instilled inside of you... That is the reason that Eric appeared into your life... You would never even be questioning these feelings that you are having without him making such an impression on you... The Honesty, Kindness, Generosity, the caring about your fellow man... These are all things that we learn from others, whether they are our parents, grandparents, teachers, friends, strangers, or our heros... Eric is the roll model for everything that is good in this world... You keep your collection of pictures to remind you of the man that you aspire to be... These little reminders if used correctly, will ensure that the human race, remain just that... HUMANE!!
I have my pictures to remind me of this every day... I do not need them everyday... however they are there... Unfortunatly I will have to add another of my fallen brothers to my wall... However, just TRY to imagine if Eric had not come into your life and left a piece of him with you inside of your heart and mind... Time will tic slowly for a while... Have patience, and the events of all of this past week will fade and your heart will slowly heal... Eric was but just ONE man, made of a million pieces... Be grateful that you got one of those pieces to hang on to and cherish... Use it in your life every single day... Eric is only as far away as you let him be... Keep him close to you in your mind, and you will be just fine... Never forget, but never stop living... One day at a time Brother... Now smile that Eric smile to everyone that you meet... And don't forget the thumbs up!! :D

Peace and Love
Ray-

Last edited:
Cody
I wish I knew your age, however with that being said, I am going to talk to you, Man To Man...
What you are feeling and experiencing right now is normal and called, being a caring and loving human being... The heartache, hurt, and sad and empty feelings will fade away with the passage of time... You must hold on to that belief... The qualities of Eric that you speak of, have already been instilled inside of you... That is the reason that Eric appeared into your life... You would never even be questioning these feelings that you are having without him making such an impression on you... The Honesty, Kindness, Generosity, the caring about your fellow man... These are all things that we learn from others, whether they are our parents, grandparents, teachers, friends, strangers, or our heros... Eric is the roll model for everything that is good in this world... You keep your collection of pictures to remind you of the man that you aspire to be... These little reminders if used correctly, will ensure that the human race, remain just that... HUMANE!!
I have my pictures to remind me of this every day... I do not need them everyday... however they are there... Unfortunatly I will have to add another of my fallen brothers to my wall... However, just TRY to imagine if Eric had not come into your life and left a piece of him with you inside of your heart and mind... Time will tic slowly for a while... Have patience, and the events of all of this past week will fade and your heart will slowly heal... Eric was but just ONE man, made of a million pieces... Be grateful that you got one of those pieces to hang on to and cherish... Use it in your life every single day... Eric is only as far away as you let him be... Keep him close to you in your mind, and you will be just fine... Never forget, but never stop living... One day at a time Brother... Now smile that Eric smile to everyone that you meet... And don't forget the thumbs up!! :D

Peace and Love
Ray-
ray, that was incredible. i will also live by those words ! rip eric our friend :(

I have basically been in a cave for the last 5 days and only logged on now and saw this.

Godspeed Eric. And my condolences to the entire Medlen family. He will be remembered very fondly.

I can't believe the funeral is today. It almost seems like it's not real. Who would have thought Sunday night in Gainesville that by the time Houston came around, we would of had a funeral for one the stars we love to watch so much. It's been on my mind all day.

I can't believe the funeral is today. It almost seems like it's not real. Who would have thought Sunday night in Gainesville that by the time Houston came around, we would of had a funeral for one the stars we love to watch so much. It's been on my mind all day.

I know. It still doesn't seem possible that he's gone. Everything was so normal on Monday morning in Gainesville, and now my mind and heart struggle to accept the new reality. It's been very hard to focus on anything else yesterday and today, knowing what's going on for the Medlen family (including extended family).

Yeah it's still hard to believe Eric is gone.
Eric appeared to me last night, after I went to sleep. I think it's because, he knows I am going to be in Houston this weekend, and he probably knows now, that he was really the driver I really was going to see, with a few others, and a few local boys. But Eric, was one of the main ones.
I think he wants me to go out there and support Team Force, and hopefully they'll pull out a win in memory of him.
To me, Eric isn't gone. Eric is with me, everywhere's I go. And I know Eric will be with me and watching over me this weekend.

GodSpeed Eric

Cody D. Pollage
coolflashpics.zoomshare.com

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back