Eric Medlen Passed Today (1 Viewer)

Went to log on a little bit ago and the first thing I did was go to NHRA.com, I think 10:44PM was when I could feel me heart break. :( I cannot imagine what John is feeling right now. :(

RIP, Eric.

John Force seems like the kind of guy who will be absolutely crushed beyond repair. This guy is a true "man" in every respect of the word. This is someone who might make drastic life changes over this because he is a businessman with a true connection of "family" with his people.
I don't even want to think about how deep his pain is..

John Medlen?
I can't even begin to imagine how badly this man is hurt. It's probably the worst hurt that a human being could ever know, and it's a long way down the list to the second worst. I think everybody can understand that working with your kids has to be one of Gods true gifts, and to have that ripped away like this is just too much to even try to deal with.

I am so sorry for these families that I don't even know what to feel right now.

My reaction was like so many others...when I opened my email box and I had the press release there with this announcement....I had to check some other sites to see what they had posted just to be sure it was true and even then I couldn't bring myself to make that post. I had to get myself together before I could even think about making that one, thanks Pete for helping me out.

It is a very sad time for the sport of dragracing as a whole. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Medlen family and friends, as well as all the members of JFR.

A sad day for his family & a sad day for our sport. I lost a brother to the same kind of injury, so I kind of know what his family went through. At least he got to taste some of life's plesures. Sadly he never got to experience others. Godspeed Eric, You will be missed.:(

My heart is truly breaking. God speed my friend. May you rest in peace!!!! Now I'm going to go cry...........

This sucks. This just absolutely sucks.

When a man can touch your heart through a television camera, without ever having met him, you know he's a great man. Eric Medlen was that kind of a guy.

R.I.P. Eric. You will forever be missed.

Since I heard the news I’ve been in a daze not knowing what to say. I still don’t know what to say. I will miss that smile, the hand shake and the conversation. I feel blessed to have had him pass through my life.

I know that if there was a way for us fans to carry this burden for the Medlens and for everybody at JFR, the line would be miles long.

Our condolences to the Medlen Family and the entire JFR Team. We will continue to pray for them.

God speed Eric.

Dan

Last edited:
This sucks. This just absolutely sucks.
When a man can touch your heart through a television camera, without ever having met him, you know he's a great man. Eric Medlen was that kind of a guy.

R.I.P. Eric. You will forever be missed.

Vaughn Thanks for the words I couldn't come up with myself yesterday when I posted my condolences to the Medlen family.

Eric just had that something, that made you want to root for him through thick & thin. What enthusiasim!! What Zest!! The kind of person you just want to be around, and hope that you can call a personal friend.

Again my deepset feelings to the Medlen's for your and our loss.

Larry

I received the call yesterday afternoon informing me that Eric died. When I received the call Monday, after the accident, I was not encouraged when I learned of his injuries, that there would be the outcome we all prayed so much for. But I prayed anyway, knowing that the Great Physician is still in the healing and miracle business and people have been healed of such injuries. Prayer is ALWAYS answered. Always. The answers are Yes. No. Wait.

I didn't receive the comfort I usually feel from praying for such a good thing as the healing of another human being. My prayers changed a bit, I prayed that Jesus would be right there with Eric, talking with him, sharing his love with him, in that place that not one of us, including his family, the doctors, or his friends could go in, to reach him. I prayed that in spite of what all of our hearts were praying and hoping and wishing so hard for, that He would do what was the very best for ERIC.

When I read on the NHRA site, that he had succumbed to ..... diffuse axonal injury... I looked up the term. Here is what I learned. The first three paragraphs are pretty easy to comprehend, the rest becomes highly technical medicinal language I do not pretend to understand. However, scan down through all the difficult words, and you'll find some spots that all of us can understand.

eMedicine - Diffuse Axonal Injury : Article by Jeffrey R Wasserman, DO

I believe with my whole heart and with every ounce of my spirit, that while the answer to our prayers for Eric's physical healing was No, that our prayers for him were answered in the very best possible way for HIM. I truly hope that everyone who is grieving at this time, will come to understand and believe this.

Rest in peace Eric Medlen. Thank you for your smile and your humor and your enthusiasm and your passion and your talent and your life, in the brief time you had on this earth. I know that you are now still close to all of your loved ones, in their hearts, until such time as they too are called. home and you see them once again, face to face.

Last edited:
I received the call yesterday afternoon informing me that Eric died. When I received the call Monday, after the accident, I was not encouraged when I learned of his injuries, that there would be the outcome we all prayed so much for. But I prayed anyway, knowing that the Great Physician is still in the healing and miracle business and people have been healed of such injuries. Prayer is ALWAYS answered. Always. The answers are Yes. No. Wait.

I didn't receive the comfort I usually feel from praying for such a good thing as the healing of another human being. My prayers changed a bit, I prayed that Jesus would be right there with Eric, talking with him, sharing his love with him, in that place that not one of us, including his family, the doctors, or his friends could go in, to reach him. I prayed that in spite of what all of our hearts were praying and hoping and wishing so hard for, that He would do what was the very best for ERIC.

When I read on the NHRA site, that he had succumbed to ..... diffuse axonal injury... I looked up the term. Here is what I learned. The first three paragraphs are pretty easy to comprehend, the rest becomes highly technical medicinal language I do not pretend to understand. However, scan down through all the difficult words, and you'll find some spots that all of us can understand.

I believe with my whole heart and with every ounce of my spirit, that while the answer to our prayers for Eric's physical healing was No, that our prayers for him were answered in the very best possible way for HIM. I truly hope that everyone who is grieving at this time, will come to understand and believe this.

Rest in peace Eric Medlen. Thank you for your smile and your humor and your enthusiasm and your passion and your talent and your life, in the brief time you had on this earth. I know that you are now still close to all of your loved ones, in their hearts, until such time as they too are called. home and you see them once again, face to face.

You could almost close the thread with that post. It pretty much says it all.

Thanks for posting that link Jackee. Just at a quick glance of that site it's clear, and as hard as it is to type this, Eric's family made the right decision to pull the plugs, for those who haven't looked at the link check it out :( Eric is in a much better place now.

And Jackee, what you wrote at the end was beautiful.

Day two and I still can't believe Eric Medlen is not on this earth with us all anymore.

I truly believe our destiny is set the day you are born. But it still makes you wonder why god chooses some and not others. This was his destiny unfortunetely that doesnt help any of us left here. What a senseless tradgedy. The only comfort that I draw from this is that Eric died living his dream. which very few of us get to do that. My deepest sympathy to the Medlin family, I could not imagine losing a child, and the entire jfr family.
Rest in Peace Eric

Guest Book for Eric

Guest Book - Eric Medlen

These books are offered by some newspapers in which an obituary placed as well as establishments which are holding the services. It gives family, friends, and in this case, fans, an opportunity to share their thoughts and memories with words written directly to the family.

I hope many will do so.

Re: Guest Book for Eric

Guest Book - Eric Medlen

These books are offered by some newspapers in which an obituary placed as well as establishments which are holding the services. It gives family, friends, and in this case, fans, an opportunity to share their thoughts and memories with words written directly to the family.

I hope many will do so.

tearfully i signed. i hope so may do also. great post before jackee on the definition of erics injusy. it is definalty better this way. he felt no pain and is in a great place now!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back