Eric Medlen Passed Today (1 Viewer)

I believe with my whole heart and with every ounce of my spirit, that while the answer to our prayers for Eric's physical healing was No, that our prayers for him were answered in the very best possible way for HIM. I truly hope that everyone who is grieving at this time, will come to understand and believe this.

Rest in peace Eric Medlen. Thank you for your smile and your humor and your enthusiasm and your passion and your talent and your life, in the brief time you had on this earth. I know that you are now still close to all of your loved ones, in their hearts, until such time as they too are called. home and you see them once again, face to face.

Thank you Jackee. I have a very heavy heart at the moment, but your closing thoughts helped.

Jackee..I'll admit that sometimes I find the over zealot religious posts annoying. (that's just me..and inside I'm on your side)

But I find much comfort in this one..beyond words. That was so well written..I'm going to save it.

Thanks for always being here..it's certainly a comfort for me at this moment.

I'm 1000 miles away from home with extended family when I answer my voice mail to learn of Eric's passing. Talk about a blow to the heart? I appreciate all that has been said here. Much has been comforting and many things said have brought life into perspective.

I remember, while in high school when a bright young local drag racer was taken in a top-end crash and how sad I felt about it when my father (not a religious man, mind you) said "How dare you mourn so? This young man clearly knew his risks and took them. He died in the process of doing what he loved most! You, son, will see many who pass from long-term illness, typical household accidents, daily traffic mishaps, drunks, etc. who will leave you perplexed far more about life and it's departure than the courageous who go into their chosen battle knowing well the risks." I'm grateful for all who take such risks in an effort to entertain us while living their thrill. The sadness I feel is for Eric's family, friends, JFR and all those of us left behind without him. He's moved on as we all will in time but we are left to continue without our friend and that's sad.
I'll be ever grateful I was privileged to be there in his time, seeing him produce his own greatness and thrilling us all with his smile, country boy ways and laughing attitude.

Thank you so very much Eric. Godspeed my friend! We'll all be along soon enough -- maybe even doing what we love most?

I'm 1000 miles away from home with extended family when I answer my voice mail to learn of Eric's passing. Talk about a blow to the heart? I appreciate all that has been said here. Much has been comforting and many things said have brought life into perspective.

I remember, while in high school when a bright young local drag racer was taken in a top-end crash and how sad I felt about it when my father (not a religious man, mind you) said "How dare you mourn so? This young man clearly knew his risks and took them. He died in the process of doing what he loved most! You, son, will see many who pass from long-term illness, typical household accidents, daily traffic mishaps, drunks, etc. who will leave you perplexed far more about life and it's departure than the courageous who go into their chosen battle knowing well the risks." I'm grateful for all who take such risks in an effort to entertain us while living their thrill. The sadness I feel is for Eric's family, friends, JFR and all those of us left behind without him. He's moved on as we all will in time but we are left to continue without our friend and that's sad.
I'll be ever grateful I was privileged to be there in his time, seeing him produce his own greatness and thrilling us all with his smile, country boy ways and laughing attitude.

Thank you so very much Eric. Godspeed my friend! We'll all be along soon enough -- maybe even doing what we love most?

You couldn't have said that better. That's what I say. You've got people everywhere who are alone until their final day who nobody seems to know. Hearing of his passing was painful, but it is very comforting that he was lucky enough to be doing something he loved, otherwise we WOULDN'T have known who he was. Likewise, it's for his family and friends that my heart is heaviest for.

I'm at a loss and greatly saddend right now. My thoughts and prayers go out to Eric's family, friends, and JFR. I'm simply at a loss...:(

Rest in eternal peace Eric, we all love you so much!

I received the call yesterday afternoon informing me that Eric died. When I received the call Monday, after the accident, I was not encouraged when I learned of his injuries, that there would be the outcome we all prayed so much for. But I prayed anyway, knowing that the Great Physician is still in the healing and miracle business and people have been healed of such injuries. Prayer is ALWAYS answered. Always. The answers are Yes. No. Wait.

I didn't receive the comfort I usually feel from praying for such a good thing as the healing of another human being. My prayers changed a bit, I prayed that Jesus would be right there with Eric, talking with him, sharing his love with him, in that place that not one of us, including his family, the doctors, or his friends could go in, to reach him. I prayed that in spite of what all of our hearts were praying and hoping and wishing so hard for, that He would do what was the very best for ERIC.

When I read on the NHRA site, that he had succumbed to ..... diffuse axonal injury... I looked up the term. Here is what I learned. The first three paragraphs are pretty easy to comprehend, the rest becomes highly technical medicinal language I do not pretend to understand. However, scan down through all the difficult words, and you'll find some spots that all of us can understand.

eMedicine - Diffuse Axonal Injury : Article by Jeffrey R Wasserman, DO

I believe with my whole heart and with every ounce of my spirit, that while the answer to our prayers for Eric's physical healing was No, that our prayers for him were answered in the very best possible way for HIM. I truly hope that everyone who is grieving at this time, will come to understand and believe this.

Rest in peace Eric Medlen. Thank you for your smile and your humor and your enthusiasm and your passion and your talent and your life, in the brief time you had on this earth. I know that you are now still close to all of your loved ones, in their hearts, until such time as they too are called. home and you see them once again, face to face.

I saw that same article. Thanks Jackee, that was absolutely beautiful. R.I.P. Eric, you will be missed.

I had drinks after work and went to a movie yesterday. I checked my e-mails on my phone late last night and saw the press release(s). I promise you......I heard nothing but my hearbeat for 30 seconds. I have avoided the internet altoghether since then.

I've never talked to Eric and I am SICK that I hadn't. I will never get that chance. After Darrell died, I had a somewhat solice that I had gotten to chat with him for 20 minutes or so casually.....away from the pits. I don't have that this time.

I have said before and will say again.....us fans feel that anyone in the NHRA is family. I've lost another brother today.

My thoughts and prayers are with Eric's family, friends and ALL of us that cared and know he loved what he did!

To the Medlen Family and the JFR Family,

As fans, family & friends, we all were blessed to witness the star that arose high and shinned bright in that of Eric Medlen. His passion and love for not only the sport but life as well will be carried with many of us for years to come. Thanks Eric, for bring so much to our sport and so much more to our lives.
GODS SPEED !

Chef Dale Johnson (Carlsbad, CA)

Re: Guest Book for Eric

Guest Book - Eric Medlen

These books are offered by some newspapers in which an obituary placed as well as establishments which are holding the services. It gives family, friends, and in this case, fans, an opportunity to share their thoughts and memories with words written directly to the family.

I hope many will do so.

Couldn't this "guest book" be a sticky as well.........?

My Thoughts and Prayers go out to the Family and Friends of Eric. Eric defintely always had a smile on his face and Enjoyed being out and about with the fans just as much as he loved racing. He will be missed

I updated Erics Photo Gallery on my website In memory of Eric Medlen

David Smith

It has been near on two days since I first read of Eric's passing, and I have struggled to come up with words to describe the emptiness and sadness that I feel.

It seems that no matter what I conjur up in my head doesn't seem to do my thoughts and feelings justice.

It's hard to believe the impact that someone you have never met or spoken to can have on you emotionally when unfortunate things like this happen.

Eric, you were a one of a kind, a real nice guy that nobody had a bad word to say about. A fan favourite that was always too happy to sign an autograph or pose for a photo.

I would like to say that you are in a better place now, but in my eyes, the best place for you right at this point in time is still here with all of us. Unfortunately that is out of everyones control. You are though, in our hearts forever and always will be.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Medlen Family, the enitre JFR organisation and to every single person out there who is feeling some pain right now.

Rest In Peace mate.

Paul Rogers Jr

I didn't learn of Eric's passing until Saturday morning when they mentioned it on sportscenter. I was rocked and numb.

It really hit me last night when my 6yr old daughter was saying her prayers, I teared up when I heard her pray for Eric's family not to be sad.

God bless you Eric and your family

It's time like these that I really hate the sport that I love so much.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back