Enders Flips Off The Grandstands - WTF? (1 Viewer)

The definition of Woke is...being 'politically and socially aware'. It is a term originally used by African Americans, starting in the 1950's.

It has since been co-opted by some so-called conservatives as a slur against people who are liberal or politically correct.

Prior to the "slur", it was recently co-opted by leftists throwing it in their arguments, claiming to have awakened and taken the moral high ground, when in fact they are operating on delusional fantasies counter to facts. This, while elevating themselves in their minds as being above the little people, using hateful rhetoric and violence against anyone disagrees with them.

Last edited:
Betcha Shirley never flipped off the Grandstands
Whoa there - Maybe not but I have heard strings of words come out of Shirley's mouth that would make a Drunk Sailor blush! Being a good driver does not make someone a good rolemodel.

Shirley took a lot of crap that most wouldn't tolerate by men who were threatened by her mere existence next to them in the staging lanes. While she may not have kept quiet about it all the time she didn't let it get in her head. I know this first hand from her.

There's an old saying in drag racing used a lot when the bench racers try to tell you how good they are. "Let the scoreboard do the talking." Shirley used the emotional energy (anger) created by the scoffers to proceed to kick their butts over and over again. The win lights in her lane were worse for her naysayers than anything she could have said to their faces.

I'm thinking EE taps into that energy as well.

Prior to the "slur", it was recently co-opted by leftists throwing it in their arguments, claiming to have awakened and taken the moral high ground, when in fact they are operating on delusional fantasies counter to facts. This, while elevating themselves in their minds as being above the little people, using hateful rhetoric and violence against anyone disagrees with them.
Imagine that...."you're woke!"..."no...you're woke!"

Let me be the first to half way confirm this. Words were thrown but we get harassed every year by two spots of fans in the Indy grandstands. Grown adults screaming “f*** you, fat b*tch”, etc. My team and guys can only take it so much before they say something back because we are family. I got into a small altercation with a woman who had been absolutely loud and terrible to us all weekend and after the semi final round loss, I gave in after a ton of screaming at me flipping me off. The words she threw at us were much worse than my much anticipated (by her) rebuttle. Yes, we are professionals and shouldn’t let this stuff bother us, but we are humans, y’all. We have feelings. We can hear your insults you scream from behind the fence. We are passionate and stick up for the team and family we love.

So there’s your confirmation. Next subject.

Last edited:
Let me be the first to half way confirm this. Words were thrown but we get harassed every year by two spots of fans in the Indy grandstands. Grown adults screaming “f*** you, fat b*tch”. My team and guys can only take it so much before they say something back because we are family. I got into a small altercation with a woman who had been harassing me all weekend after the semi final round loss. What she threw at us was much worse. Yes, we are professionals and shouldn’t let this stuff bother us, but we are humans, y’all. We have feelings. We can hear your insults you scream from behind the fence. We are passionate and stick up for the team and family we love.

That's good to see Courtney standing up for her sister and her team in a public forum.

Let me be the first to half way confirm this. Words were thrown but we get harassed every year by two spots of fans in the Indy grandstands. Grown adults screaming “f*** you, fat b*tch”. My team and guys can only take it so much before they say something back because we are family. I got into a small altercation with a woman who had been harassing me all weekend after the semi final round loss. What she threw at us was much worse. Yes, we are professionals and shouldn’t let this stuff bother us, but we are humans, y’all. We have feelings. We can hear your insults you scream from behind the fence. We are passionate and stick up for the team and family we love.

Nothing left to see here folks, move along.

Edit: Deleted. Ted and Tom are right.

Last edited:
Let's please tone down the politics of "woke". Ted already chimed in that we should stick to the topic at hand, and that appears to have been answered by Courtney's post.
its very hard racing and
Just got off the phone with a friend of mine who went to Indy. He told me that when EE was being towed back to the pits someone made a comment that Erica didn't like and she flipped off the stands. Anybody else witness this?
What happened you have to live with ----

I wouldn't doubt if the offenders are hired offenders.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back