Driving Force, so...what did you think? (2 Viewers)

It's kind of like The Osbournes meets the Brady Bunch! Being a race fan of course I liked it. I love John Force & his family. Still, it's somewhat "staged". People act differently & say things because the camera is there - and everyone who's done one of these types of series will tell you that. But it's a somewhat different way of advertising NHRA, and might bring new ticket buyers to the tracks.... so what the heck; 2 thumbs up!

I think he needs to calm down a bit. It seems everybody cringes when ever he pops up. :eek:
Take a chill pill John. The way your going about it is not helping and your accelerating the aging process.:p
The force daughters seem to have what it takes to take John Force racing to the next level.;)
Enjoyed watching the show!

WOW

That was intense. My wife and I had both been looking forward to seeing the show, even though neither of us are "reality" show fans. In the opening minutes my wife was wondering is she wanted to watch the rest as she's a big Force fan and was wondering if it would change her mind.
We finished both episodes and did like end up liking it. It does show a much different side to him, yes he's intense and as a father I understand what he's trying to teach his girls but wow. It made me take inventory of what I do and say to my kids.

I'll be back to watch it again. I'm hooked.

I liked the first show a lot.The second..well I fell asleep thru most of it ( I watched at 1am),but from what I saw the show will do well.Force is real intense.

The show(s) felt more like a ride than television! Just about lost my wife with John's reaction to his daughter saying she wanted to be a teacher.......but she kept watching as she was trying to leave the room. At the end of the second show........we both just sat there for a few minutes.:eek:

I really liked the show. Although, in the first 10 mins, I was thinking to myself, "do I like John Force now?" Having been a fan of his for all the years he's been around it was sort of funny to watch. Back in 1989 he was in KC for a match race. My oldest son was 2 at the time. He and John Force sat on the back of my trailer and talked racing for about an hour...of course, my oldest son is also named John..lol I think what he said was very true, I don't think he knew what to do with girls. Seemed like a whole different person with them than he was at the track with my son.

I thought it was pretty good. You get to see a little bit of a different side to John Force.

A really great show. It was god to see a different side to John and his family. My wife is a huge Force fan, so she was into the show. I can't wait for next weeks episode.

Let me preface this with one important thing. I am not anti-John Force. He is one of the most colorful people in our sport & our sport is certainly the better for having him involved in it. He has set the benchmark for what it takes to be a champion in the NHRA F/C division, or any division for that matter.
Some have said that it shows how dysfunctoinal the family is. Considering what they've dealt with for many years they seem very funtional to me, that is except for John. By basically raising the children on her own I think she has done a very good job. I too was surprised to learn that John lives seperately from the rest of the family but I can certainly see why.
I posted on here a few years ago about seeing another side of John, at a race in Columbus, as he dealt with a T-shirt vendor & at the time I thought that I had never seen a bigger bully, anywhere. I've seen other things since that time & this show confirmed my thoughts along those lines. That may be a good way to run a race team & get the results that John has gotten but to my way of thinking it's one hell of a rotten way to deal with your own family.
One other thing before I go, Where in the hell does he get his clothes???? It has got to be in the clown's tent at the circus. At first I honestly thought it was a joke but soon realized it was for real. No wonder he thinks that some of those ugly paint schemes on some of his cars look good. There is definitely not an artistic bone in his body. Of course that's just my opinion & I'm sure many on here will disagree. That's great & that's what makes this old world go 'round.
I did enjoy the show & will continue to watch. I'll also commend him for allowing the rest of the world see inside his private life. That takes a very brave man................."HIP"

Fiorelli crashed in gainesville....not pomona.

it was a good show...Lots of Oakley in it.
Jerrod,

I was watching the show with George Santos and we were both laughing at the editing of the racing. Realizing the neophyte will never recognize the difference between most racetracks and knowing that something exciting doesn't happen at every race I will cut them some slack for trying to pump up the drama.

I thought the show was very well done and not as staged any of the other reality shows.

Let me preface this with one important thing. I am not anti-John Force. He is one of the most colorful people in our sport & our sport is certainly the better for having him involved in it. He has set the benchmark for what it takes to be a champion in the NHRA F/C division, or any division for that matter.
Some have said that it shows how dysfunctoinal the family is. Considering what they've dealt with for many years they seem very funtional to me, that is except for John. By basically raising the children on her own I think she has done a very good job. I too was surprised to learn that John lives seperately from the rest of the family but I can certainly see why.
I posted on here a few years ago about seeing another side of John, at a race in Columbus, as he dealt with a T-shirt vendor & at the time I thought that I had never seen a bigger bully, anywhere. I've seen other things since that time & this show confirmed my thoughts along those lines. That may be a good way to run a race team & get the results that John has gotten but to my way of thinking it's one hell of a rotten way to deal with your own family.
One other thing before I go, Where in the hell does he get his clothes???? It has got to be in the clown's tent at the circus. At first I honestly thought it was a joke but soon realized it was for real. No wonder he thinks that some of those ugly paint schemes on some of his cars look good. There is definitely not an artistic bone in his body. Of course that's just my opinion & I'm sure many on here will disagree. That's great & that's what makes this old world go 'round.
I did enjoy the show & will continue to watch. I'll also commend him for allowing the rest of the world see inside his private life. That takes a very brave man................."HIP"

This coming from the President of Blazemores Fan Club. Population Two. Him and Whit. Just messing with you HIP, everyone has their opinions and thoughts which there entitled to have. And I do agree with the one jacket he had on at the end of the second show with what looked like purple x's or something. It was hideous and I am not the fashion police at all. And he will be the first to tell you he needs to learn to listen and handle his daughters better. I loved it when he found out she wanted to be a teacher and he said, "I built a multi million dollar racing empire and you want to be a *#)*#) teacher!" That was funny.

Typical American family for a man with 4 daughters. Can't blame him for living alone with all that estrogen in the air at the family home;) . Great show.

I am definitely impressed with how well John and his team have done this season with the added distraction of taping the show. How in the world that man focuses on race day is beyond me!

I really wonder why they chose to leave Adria out of the picture? She's the one who has bought into the race team from the get-go, hook, line and sinker. Her duties at John Force Racing have kept things afloat over the years and her long hours at the shop helped her find the perfect husband in Robert. I would think she would have been a perfect fit for inclusion in this show.

I really wonder why they chose to leave Adria out of the picture? She's the one who has bought into the race team from the get-go, hook, line and sinker. Her duties at John Force Racing have kept things afloat over the years and her long hours at the shop helped her find the perfect husband in Robert. I would think she would have been a perfect fit for inclusion in this show.

She may have not wanted in...or maybe they wanted to focus on the 'Next Generation' so to speak...

Spending a hour watching A&E this evening from 9 to 10, only enforces (pun not intended) the low opinion that I have for "reality" TV.

I'm also NOT a fan of reality TV shows, and rarely watch any of them. That being said, I was looking forward to watching Driving Forces, but if the first two episodes are representative of the whole series, I don't think I can take much more of it. Hate to be critical of John, but he obviously swears alot even in home life (what little there is) as well as his racing life, and based on how many times he was bleeped, I found it embarrassing. My wife who is trying to support my drag racing habit, couldn't take more than 15 min. of the show, and then decided to leave the room to do something better with her time, and I began to wonder if I should do the same. Sure I know it was "made for TV" and all that, but I guess I just expected something with more appeal. If this type of show is what A & E and NHRA hope will attract people to the sport, I guess I missed the appeal. I kinda felt bad for John, especially the admission that he has to live in a separate home, and is only a guest for awhile in Laurie and the girls residence. Dysfunctional to a "T" is how it was presented.

Sorry to rain on the praise parade, but I was and still am hoping for better.

I thought the show was pretty good. I can't wait for the next episodes.

T-Bone :D

(Formerly Roadking )

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back