Drag Racing 101 questions (1 Viewer)

Didn't Kenny Bernstein chuck the mags on a run back in the 80s and still ran well to the lights?

Yeah Ron, they did... But I also remember that back then they were running something like 9.5 to 1 compression... and they didn't lose all the mags...

I work on ignitions & we have done some work for a A/FD team & yes the plugs are just glowplugs from 330' on. The team sent us plugs that were from doing 60' shots & they were over 50% burnt up. They sent us plugs that have been on passes from the 5.15 range to 5.65 & they all looked the same.

Yeah, the idea of being able to "diesel" to the finish line and ignition rev limiters doing anything do seem to contradict each other. If the engine were running on compression from a certain point on, you'd think someone would have had a timed release clutch on the mags to save the power required to turn them.

Is Jay talking about the first Johnny Gray post on the 'old' Mater that caused so much BS?

That does sound familar, though I'm not positive on who posted it. I do remember the poster catching a lot of cr@p for posting it.

It's looks like i'm causing another firestorm, can we please chill-out on weather or not the spark plugs going nuclear?

Thanks again,

Jay

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back