Doug Herbert's son's killed in car crash. (1 Viewer)

Oh, my....this is so tragic and unbelievably hearbreaking! The Herberts are in my thoughts and prayers. :(

This made me sick to my stomach as all sudden tragedies have. Painfully reminding of the tragic events of what happened to Barry Dodson and his loss of his children.

Prayers go out to the Herbert family and the others involved.

Even as the father of three, I can't imagine the sense of loss...so we will pray for Doug, his family, and everyone involved in this event.

Sad news indeed....so sorry to hear this Doug....You and your family are in our prayers...

KB
Jokers wild racing

I can't even imagine....

I have a 17 year old son who can be a real pain in the arse, sometimes...

But the thought of losing him like Doug lost TWO sons just makes me want to cry. I would be devastated beyond words.

Doug, we all love you and mourn your loss.

Our prayers are with you and your family.

Doug and family , we are so sorry for your loss . You are in our thoughts and prayers . This is so tragic . I know that the support will be there for you and your family on many levels . I am not able to find the words right know , so I will stop .:(:(

There are no words that can explain this loss. May peace and comfort be with the Herbert family at this time.

Man, we have been getting our internet and cable changed out here at the house since noon and I am finally getting back on and I open to this. My condolences to Doug and his family. I dont have kids but I cant imagine if I did whats it like to lose one, much less two. Stay strong 'Zilla.

Justin

I can't really add much to what has already been said. But I can tell you what truly nice people the Herberts are. A couple of years ago there was a benefit shows for a girl with cancer which was posted here on nitromater. Sonnie Herbert read the post and before we knew it several large boxes full of Dougzilla merchandise came to the door. Not only that but she got a bunch of other teams to send diecast cars and even some signed NASCAR fenders. It raised a lot of money for the event.

What I'm getting at is that Doug and Sonnie are great people that care about others they don't even know and it's so sad and tragic that this occured. I can't imagine what they are feeling right now. Lots of prayers will be needed to support them and I know everyone here will do that.

Last edited:
As I pray and cry for Doug and his family. I can't even or what to think of lose one of my 3 son or my two Grandchild. I don't went to say We should out live are kids. God be with Doug Herbert and his Family.

I only have one child,and he is just about to get his drvers license.This is my worst nightmare.To happen to a friend makes it even closer.My heart is sadden for all invloved.GOD speed.

As the father of three and my oldest just got is license and a car. My wife and I hope and pray every time he leaves the house. I don't know how you deal with something like this.

Our prayers go out the all affectted by this.

How do you add to what's already been said? Like a friend of mine said on another board, the things that so many of us get away with, only to be reminded how fragile life is. Most sincere condolences from our family.

Thoughts and prayers to the Herbert family. May God give you the strength to get through this tragic time.

Just a couple of months ago i had to watch friends bury their 17 yr old from a car accident. I can't even begin to think how they can deal with the loss of two children, My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back