Van driver that caused MN deadly bus crash was an illegal (1 Viewer)

Nitro Member
See Minnesota, this is what happens when you turn your cities in sanctuary cities for illegals!

Van Driver Arrested for Role in Minnesota School Bus Crash

COTTONWOOD, Minn. -- Authorities have confirmed that the the driver of the van that struck the school bus that killed 4 students on Tuesday is an illegal alien.

Officials at the Immigration and Customs Enforcement are checking to see where she came from and how long she's been in Minnesota. FOX 9 has also learned that the name she gave to police, Alainiss Morales, is an alias.

23-year-old Alainiss N. Morales was taken into custody on suspicion of criminal vehicular operation. She was arrested by the State Patrol Thursday afternoon and is being held in Lyon County Jail. County Attorney Rick Maes told the Marshall Independent charges could come later Thursday or Friday.

The National Transportation Safety Board and Minnesota State Patrol are investigating Tuesday's bus crash near Cottonwood, Minnesota that killed four children and injured 14 people. More recently, details have emerged about the van involved in the accident and its driver.

The van was heading east on County Road 24, which has a stop sign as it ends in a T intersection with state Highway 23, the road the bus was traveling. The van struck the bus, which rolled over onto a truck.

The driver of the truck told the Minneapolis Star Tribune he saw the van run the stop sign.

"I saw the maroon van run a stop sign, it blew over the railroad tracks and hit the bus, sending it sliding into me," James M. Hancock, 45, of Marshall, told the newspaper from his hospital bed in Sioux Falls, S.D. "The next thing I knew, they were hauling kids out and it was chaos."

The van was driven by Alianiss N. Morales, 23, of Minneota. The Fox 9 Investigator found Morales pleaded guilty in Chippewa County in 2006 to driving without a valid license.

State Patrol officials said Thursday they were not immediately able to confirm if Morales was unlicensed, nor could they confirm whether Morales ran a stop sign. Lt. Mark Peterson said that was still under investigation, but that the investigation was "moving forward very quickly."

The school bus was carrying 28 students. Cottonwood Fire Chief Dale Louluagie confirmed that 3 fatalities of the crash died immediately upon impact and the fourth victim died around 8 p.m. Tuesday night.

STUDENTS KILLED IN CRASH IDENTIFIED

Hunter Javens, 9, Cottonwood.
Jesse Javens, 13, Cottonwood (Hunter & Jesse were brothers)
Emilee Olson, 9, Cottonwood
Reed Stevens, 12, Marshall.

DRIVERS INVOLVED IN CRASH

The driver of the school bus was Dennis A. Deveraux, 52, Cottonwood.
The driver of the van was Alianiss N. Morales, 23, Minneota, who is currently in stable condition.
The driver of the pickup truck was James M. Hancock, 45, Marshall, who is currently in fair condition.

MEMORIAL FUND

Memorial Fund for Families of Bus Crash Victims
United Southwest Bank
P.O. Box 288
Cottonwood, MN 56229

Names of the other students involved in the crash are being held at this time pending the investigation of the crash -- not because they are victims, but because they are witnesses.

The bus driver, Dennis Deveraux, issued a statement through his wife Wednesday, saying that her husband's "highest priority is the well-being of the children, and he was doing what he needed to do at the time to assure the safety of the children."

THURSDAY: LAKEVIEW SCHOOL RESUMES CLASSES
Students return to class today after the worst school bus crash in at least two decades.

A memorial service was planned for Thursday night in the gymnasium of Lakeview School. Gov. Tim Pawlenty planned to attend, and locals expected most of Cottonwood's 1,150 residents to be in attendance.

MyFox Twin Cities | Van Driver Arrested for Role in Fatal Bus Crash

Obviously this story has dominated our news in Minnesota the last couple days. And it really frosts my a$$. Brent, you're so right about the illegal alien thing. Minnesota has long been noted for being rather lenient on "welfare" recipients and our reputation of "Minnesota nice" extends unfortunately all too often to illegal immigrants.

Voters get what they vote for, there are many sanctuary cities now. And the voters keep sending these politicians back, and back!:confused:

Voters get what they vote for, there are many sanctuary cities now. And the voters keep sending these politicians back, and back!:confused:

Joe, the problem starts and ends with business owners that hire them. If owners would require the proper credentials when hiring it would reduce the problem considerably. If law enforcement would have followed through when woman was arrested in 2006 this accident would not have happened because she would have been deported.There's a lot of blame to go around but if they couldn't find work they would go home. Being in the tool and equipment business a lot of my customers are Mexican decent and they have told me many times that they only reason they come to USA is to make money so they can send it home for their family. They can live very well in Mexico on money they make here.

One of the key points to any goverment is enforcing the laws of the land. Why are so many (including myself) Americans guilty of leading our everyday lives and letting illegals roam the land and laws go unenforced.

In Charlotte, many big boom construction jobs are being put at a standstill. So what's going to happen to the majority of the illegal work populus? They are going to (and have already) turned to crime.

the only reason they come to USA is to make money so they can send it home for their family.

This is the #1 reason I hear over and over again.
"Their family" usually means their numerous children.
I just can't fathom how people can bring children into this world with no ability to provide for them.
Heck, the parents usually can't even provide for themselves lots of times.

It's a huge problem, a breakdown of the fabric of civilized society.
It's why Mexico and the world is going to hell in a handbasket.
Mexico is nextdoor to the greatest nation in the world and yet they don't progress.

Sorry for the rant, this issue pisses me off a lot.
I am of Mexican descent, my folks stood in line and waited their turn to get into this country properly and legally.
They assimilated and did things the right way.

It pisses me off that so many Mexicans don't do things the right way.

/end rant :eek:

I am sad for the Minnesota families that lost their children. My heart goes out to them.

This is the #1 reason I hear over and over again.
"Their family" usually means their numerous children.
I just can't fathom how people can bring children into this world with no ability to provide for them.
Heck, the parents usually can't even provide for themselves lots of times.

It's a huge problem, a breakdown of the fabric of civilized society.
It's why Mexico and the world is going to hell in a handbasket.
Mexico is nextdoor to the greatest nation in the world and yet they don't progress.

Sorry for the rant, this issue pisses me off a lot.
I am of Mexican descent, my folks stood in line and waited their turn to get into this country properly and legally.
They assimilated and did things the right way.

It pisses me off that so many Mexicans don't do things the right way.

/end rant :eek:

I am sad for the Minnesota families that lost their children. My heart goes out to them.

Paul, I'm 100% behind you. It's good to her about somebody doing it the right way. You have every right to be p%&&ed off.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back