Doug Herbert's son's killed in car crash. (1 Viewer)

We don't understand God's reasoning for doing the things he does, we just have to pray that his will be done and that he brings comfort to the family in thier time of need and pain.

God Bless the Herbert family.

There are just sometimes that words just can't reach the utter devastation of something like this. My heart and my prayers go out to the Herbert family and all those that have been touched by those boys. God bless and keep you all safe.

I don't know what to say.It's a parents worst nightmare,losing a child much less two of them. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Herbert family.

Just last weekend,Saturday, a 2 year old son of a radio personality here in Birmingham drowned in the family pool. The dad,Rick Burgess of the Rick and Bubba show was in Gatlinburg,Tn for a Christian conference while the 2 year old was at home with the mother and the couples other children. The mother took a quick shower while the children were watching a movie and the 2 year old got out of the house somehow and into the pool and drowned. I have a 2 year old granddaughter and I relate everything like this to her. I don't know how you cope with losing a child. Like somebody posted,love them every chance you get,it might be the last.

I can't even to begin to imagine the pain that the family must be feeling right now. What a tragedy! My sincere condolences to Doug and family.

I can't possibly imagine the pain of loosing one of my children, much less two of them. My heart, soul and prayers goes out to Doug and his family during this horrible time. :(

Doug's blog on NHRA has many photos of him and his children, many more than I had remembered, its very hard to look at them knowing that they are both dead, you get a sense of how he felt about them from the look on his face.
There is a photo of his son in his new Mustang shortly after getting his license
He also has daughter Jessie.

We don't understand God's reasoning for doing the things he does, we just have to pray that his will be done and that he brings comfort to the family in thier time of need and pain.

God Bless the Herbert family.

Just for clarification, God doesn't do any of these tragic things. He gave each one of us free will and we act accordingly.

I'm sure Doug and many others are have a lot of questions about this horrible accident.

Just for clarification, God doesn't do any of these tragic things. He gave each one of us free will and we act accordingly.

I'm sure Doug and many others are have a lot of questions about this horrible accident.

There are no answers. Its hard to imagine something worse than what John Medlen went through, perhaps he can comfort Doug, having gone down a similar road.

My family's thoughts and prayers are with the entire Herbert family

I am reminded of the time my employer lost his only son many years ago. I was lucky to find a card with this poem,
The Rose Beyond the Wall

A rose once grew where all could see
Sheltered beside a garden wall
And, as the days past swiftly by
It spread its branches, straight and tall

One day, a beam of light shone through
A crevice that had opened wide
The rose bent gently toward its warmth
Then passed beyond to the other side

Now, you who deeply feel its loss
Be comforted, the rose blooms there
It’s beauty even greater now
Nurtured by God’s own loving care.

Last edited:
Absolutely unbelievable. This is the stuff that shakes me to the core. I just cannot imagine having to bury my kids,it's simply unnatural.....

I'm speechless.......

How tough is this? Our prayers go out to Doug, Sonnie and the entire Herbert family. What a tragedy to live through? I'm sure Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us, it is just beyond me to understand his plan at times like these. Hang in there Herbert family.

I just saw this on the local news here in Raleigh. Terrible tragedy, our thoughts and prayers are with Doug and family.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back