Doug Herbert's son's killed in car crash. (1 Viewer)

I am sick to my stomach ... my condolences are with the Herbert family & friends during this terrible tragedy.

From The Charlette Observer....

Fornes was still in Phoenix Saturday evening. Herbert, who matched his career best with a sixth-place finish in the top fuel class last season, was coming home to face a parent's worst nightmare.

But his team kept working.

"The last thing he told me before he left was to get the car ready," Fornes said. "He said, `I want to win the championship now, for the boys.' We're going to get this car ready for him to do that."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go Get e'm Doug! - Godspeed

My god. I'd not been on the internet all weekend.

Then I sit down this morning only to see this.

I cannot imagine what Doug and his family must be going through.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Doug, Sonnie and the rest of the Herbert family and organization.

RIP. :(

I cannot even imagine the pain Doug and Sonnie are feeling right now. My thoughts and prayers are with them and I know that God will be with them during this time of need.

Prayers for the entire family.

May God's grace be with you all at this time as never before.

DLB

Tragic news. My deepest condolences to Doug & his entire family. May God provide you all strength in what must be the hardest time of your lives.

This is absolutely horrible. It would be so devastating to loose one of your children, but both at once would be so tragic. God Bless you Doug and Family during this most horrible time in your lives. And I wish you all the best in the Championship Quest for the boys.

Doug has updated his blog...very hard to read but Im glad that hes looking at this in a positive way...

My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family during this difficult time.

"Right now I know NO team has more motivation. We are racing in 2008 for one reason and let me make that very, very clear: We are going to win the 2008 NHRA Top Fuel championship in honor of my sons Jon and James. Watch us"

You go get em Doug.

Wow..THAT is some of the hardest read I've done in a while.

Hard to read and look at the pictures of him with boys. Without question it is the most touching thing ever posted on this site. Impossible to get through without tears. Perhaps he can bury himself in the championship run.

Gotta' give Doug a lot of credit for writing about this tragedy so soon. I'm not sure I could do that.

My heartfelt condolences go to the Herbert family and friends of the two boys.

It must be awful for the man and his daughter that they hit, too. Just a nightmare all around.

Ian

its never taken me so long to read something in my life..ya just can't help but tear up reading that.

There is absolutely no consolation (that I can see) at this point.

When he said 'I am not sure why things happen but I can say that I am thankful that the last thing both of my boys told me was that they loved me. I am sure they know how much I loved them.'

It wells up way bad at that point..how can it not.

Bless you, Doug.

My prayers go out to Doug and his family at this tragic time. The last 2 sentences of his blog from today sent a chill up my spine. DO IT DOUG!!

"You CAN'T control the winds, but you CAN adjust your sails"

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back