Does it get any better than this? (1 Viewer)

I loved these cars with the sculpted body. Just made them look so cool. Story: I was watching your video & kept hearing an announcer. Thought what's going on? Well, it's cuz I also had the Div 3 race on, & was getting overlapping voices. Coffee, need more coffee.... BTW, just saw a cool front motor S/C car Div 3 race. Car built 1993, SB Chevy engine. Cool looking car.

Last edited:
I have a little pandemic project going....I will post pics when the final cars come in and the display case is finished.
Hint : I want the greatest gassers, altereds and top fuelers on my wall after getting the idea from a golf ball display....

Ok Bob, ya went and did it,lol, ya had to hit me in the gut and pull on my heart strings. These are my cars and my people and my era. This is some good stuff, Jeep was a bad a$$ in that ride. There are a number of sick videos with that car, my favorite is "beauties' by the bay" from mission bay. Keep up the good work, I'll get some more tissues,lol.

There was nothing better than a AA/FD at night, at Lions, period! Thank you for the video, I need a drink. Oh honey, bring me a double tumbler of some Single barrell Jack please! Easy on the ice, almost neat!

TopFuel@Lions
Talladega Announcer

Ok Bob, ya went and did it,lol, ya had to hit me in the gut and pull on my heart strings. These are my cars and my people and my era. This is some good stuff, Jeep was a bad a$$ in that ride. There are a number of sick videos with that car, my favorite is "beauties' by the bay" from mission bay. Keep up the good work, I'll get some more tissues,lol.

There was nothing better than a AA/FD at night, at Lions, period! Thank you for the video, I need a drink. Oh honey, bring me a double tumbler of some Single barrell Jack please! Easy on the ice, almost neat!

TopFuel@Lions
Talladega Announcer

Homer Simpson once changed his name to MAX POWER (he saw it on a hair dryer)....If I did that I want it to be JEEP HAMPSHIRE

here's one of my favorites I posted a while back....I will never apologize for repeats when it comes to the Magicar....when it switches over to "pop" - look out!

I knew about the Surfers, but I don't think I ever saw the car in person. Was in USAF from 1964-68, about the time that car ran. Always amazed that these cars have survived & that peopl;e care enough to get them running again. I really, really want to see one of these cars make a pass.... cast iron hemi & 3 point roll cage. Oh yeah......

Cool to see the crew checking the temp of the block & heads by feel. Used to see that all the time. They new by touch when the engine was ready to go. Bring it to the line and "leg it and duck". heh

Last edited:
I knew about the Surfers, but I don't think I ever saw the car in person. Was in USAF from 1964-68, about the time that car ran. Always amazed that these cars have survived & that peopl;e care enough to get them running again. I really, really want to see one of these cars make a pass.... cast iron hemi & 3 point roll cage. Oh yeah......

Cool to see the crew checking the temp of the block & heads by feel. Used to see that all the time. They new by touch when the engine was ready to go. Bring it to the line and "leg it and duck". heh
They let this Jr. Fueler run with old tech...

Great video! And so are the others added in the rhread. Two thumbs up and I would give it three if I had another one!

I know this video has bin posted before, but it is so important, just the quality of the video 1965.
The cars, the people. The smog from the steel mill just down the street.
Man i love tripping back in time. Senior citizens wish they were young.

a little sneak peek of my project...

Imagine if the Greer Black and Prudhomme team matched up against Blaine and Alan Johnson......

IMG_E1270.JPG

Wow.... the difference between Blaine's Travers car & Snakes G_B_P..... That's about what they look like in real life. I remember going to the drags the first few times. Dragsters had 6:71 blowers, but they looked bigger, for whatever reason. I think a lot of the GMC blowers back then actually came off of the trucks & were just modified for racing. Anyhoo, good memories.

Bob, yer gettin' to be a Master Builder in yer old age. :) I see SWC back there & Pure Heaven & The Rat Trap. Wow, this is gonna be a cool collection.

I didn’t build them, those are adult collectible 1/64 cars.... but I will be changing details that aren’t right on some of them. Like wire wheels on top fuelers and colors that are too “chrome “.
The best detailed car in the collection is Wild Willie’s Winged Express. The fun part was trying to find certain cars like KS Pittman and Bones Balogh

Last edited:
I didn’t build them, those are adult collectible 1/64 cars.... but I will be changing details that aren’t right on some of them. Like wire wheels on top fuelers and colors that are too “chrome “.
The best detailed car in the collection is Wild Willie’s Winged Express
How about a pic of the Winged Express?

I always remember Wild Willie at Pomona, hit the guardrail and then crossed C/L & tagged the other side just for good measure. Awful Awful Fuel Altereds......

Nothing quite like the feeling, The Preen family gave me the honor back in 2011 at CHRR to do a cackle in the "Banshee". Right next door to the Magicar that had just finished it's cackle.

We, like almost everyone, had one wire and one gauge! The magneto ground wire on a switch to kill the engine and an oil gauge to keep it alive!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back