Here We Go Again! (1 Viewer)

Sully

Nitro Member
Might as well get it started - the last 4.5 minutes of the third quarter took about 20 minutes to play and we are approaching 8 pm with almost six minutes left on the clock. Any guesses how much over 8 pm the ladies basketball game will run? Or on how much of it we will get back (my guess is none). After all, wouldn't want to miss any of those exciting taped tennis minutes, would we? :D :D

ESPN: It's time for some drag racing but...

...there's still six minutes left in the WNBA game. So how much qualifying are going to miss tonight???

Dang, I hate this. :mad:

The ticker at the bottom said the race was going to be show in it's entirety after the game.

Go smoke a Blunt and chill out.

The ticker at the bottom said the race was going to be show in it's entirety after the game.

Go smoke a Blunt and chill out.

G-chillpill.gif

I'm fresh out of blunts. But I'll save my chill pill for the Little League game scheduled on ESPN2 tomorrow. :D

I knew this thread was going to be here when I saw the delay. It seems like people are starting to accept that this is a part of the TV package. I don't mind the delays, but I do mind when they cut out parts of the show like they did last week.

Okay,
Havn't looked at the tape yet, thanks for the warning, set it to go from 20:00-22:45, hope I got it all. :confused:

Remind me to take note of the sponsors of the football game and not to do business with them... let ya'll know sometime around 7 am... if ya hear a bad word...

setting the alarm for 21:45 this evening, Just don't want to be up 'til 02:00 and then get up for work at 06:00 monday

Couldn't see the ticker on my TV - actually, I could see it, just couldn't read it. In any event, I'm batting .500 - the basketball ran over 1/2 hour, we got it back.

Like I said before, we know the live stuff is going to run longer than scheduled, why don't the "programming professionals" at ESPN know it and schedule accordingly? It wasn't even overtime, just your normal basketball action-stopping every few seconds of the game clock stuff. Takes almost an hour to play a 15-minute quarter (or is it 10 minutes for the women?). Talk about oildowns!!!

You guys kill me. The show started late, and ran late so you got to see it all. What's the real problem? What about the people that wanted to see the next show? I bet they are on a website somewhere complaining about the Drag Races running late and ruining their show.

Alan

If this is the biggest complaint you have in life, you must be doing OK

You guys kill me. The show started late, and ran late so you got to see it all. What's the real problem? What about the people that wanted to see the next show? I bet they are on a website somewhere complaining about the Drag Races running late and ruining their show.

Alan

I don`t know about other people here, but I feel that in the mindset of ESPN (and maybe other types of auto racing fans) that drag racing is the "red-haired stepchild" of auto sports and nobody will mind or notice if the coverage is pre-empted.

BTW Alan, I`ve got bigger complaints , but they don`t belong here :)

Alan

The only thing that really jerks me around, is the team is ahead by 20 with a minute left and THEY call time out.:rolleyes:
I think that the only life that some have is to complain about ESPN. It hasn't done any good so far, and won't in the future.:D

Alan

Alan, I want to watch the show, but I work at night so I have to tape it... my question is, we figured 45 minutes over, just in case, guess what, still missed the last pass in FC. Using '6 hour' tapes, but the quality of the recording sucks in that mode.
Kinda like watching a football game and missing the end because the network started Heidie right at 9PM.

I can live with the delays. That games sometimes go longer than scheduled is an understandable part of sports. But what I don't like is when the network does what ESPN did last week which was to cut some of the coverage of the drag races due to the time delay.

Alan, I want to watch the show, but I work at night so I have to tape it... my question is, we figured 45 minutes over, just in case, guess what, still missed the last pass in FC. Using '6 hour' tapes, but the quality of the recording sucks in that mode.
Kinda like watching a football game and missing the end because the network started Heidie right at 9PM.

did you remember that or read it somewhere?(LOL)

I was a bit concerned that it the coverage might get shafted, but since I didn't hear the phrase, "Due to time constraints" I just figured, eh, half an hour late.

It's not like this is the first time other stuff has run late and pushed back the start time of the coverage.

But, boy, after last Sunday, Alan, we're all still a bit skittish, I'd say. I mean, can you blame us? We didn't know what was going on and PSM and PSC pretty much got cut.

I can say I was a much more calm yesterday knowing it had rained Friday night in Memphis (and knowing what rain delays had done in Brainerd) and the explanations we got regarding Brainerd.

And though I missed it, ESPN2 was kind enough in the ticker to tell race fans we'd get all two hours of highlights. Can't really ask for much more.

Can't wait to see tonight's coverage.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back