Will ESPN deliver? (1 Viewer)

Super Mod

Nitro Member
With all the turbo action going on in Pro Mod,do you think they will garner any coverage from the ESPN2 crew at the Gators? With 23 entries (vs FC's 18), how can they continue to ignore Pro Mods popularity,variety, and exciting runs? How long will PM continue to be the "ugly, redheaded stepchild" of NHRA? They deserve more coverage.....WE deserve more coverage!:mad: GET RID OF THE BIKES if necessary! Better yet, get rid of the Force drama:D

Last edited:
Why would Pro Mod want to be second fiddle to T/F, Funny Car & P/S when they have their own show.

Speaking of ESPN delivering... What a story they have in PS this week... Hope the class gets more air time than recently... :D

I wish they would but unfotunately they wont have time. Much more important to show the major stories 1) Forces accident at Dallas 3 years ago 2) Ashley 2 weeks farther into pregnancy 2A) very important...how is the cat taking the pregnancy? 3) Coils chair still sitting there empty 4) mileage now on Forces scooter 5) force driving like an idiot and getting a speeding ticket.

I wish they would but unfotunately they wont have time. Much more important to show the major stories 1) Forces accident at Dallas 3 years ago 2) Ashley 2 weeks farther into pregnancy 2A) very important...how is the cat taking the pregnancy? 3) Coils chair still sitting there empty 4) mileage now on Forces scooter 5) force driving like an idiot and getting a speeding ticket.

Funny, but true.

I think the answer is no on ProMods. Why show even the final when you've got a show dedicated to the event down the road. They would be to worried about ratings to give anything away. I believe this is the ESPN2 opinion NOT mine.

I don't want PS or PSM coverage to get bounced for ProMod when they have a show set up for the event.

However, it would be awesome to at least see the final.

A reminder of the old TNN days when things were LIVE for the finals. If the event was behind the scheduled broadcast time we'd see the finals from a lot of classes! Good stuff.

TNN could show finals live back in the day at times because there really wasn't any LIVE or major programming coming up after the NHRA telecast. ESPN2 is just too busy.

I wish they would but unfortunately they wont have time. Much more important to show the major stories 1) Forces accident at Dallas 3 years ago 2) Ashley 2 weeks farther into pregnancy 2A) very important...how is the cat taking the pregnancy? 3) Coils chair still sitting there empty 4) mileage now on Forces scooter 5) force driving like an idiot and getting a speeding ticket.

I've loved and followed John from his early AHRA days, but I can't take the circus he's created anymore. It makes me sick...he used to be known for his competitiveness and drive. Now it's the silly circus and ridiculous drama. I have no interest in watching his runs, or for that matter, watching the Funny Car coverage. I love Ron Capps and several others, but I can't stomach watching the Force coverage to see the rest of the class.

I've loved and followed John from his early AHRA days, but I can't take the circus he's created anymore. It makes me sick...he used to be known for his competitiveness and drive. Now it's the silly circus and ridiculous drama. I have no interest in watching his runs, or for that matter, watching the Funny Car coverage. I love Ron Capps and several others, but I can't stomach watching the Force coverage to see the rest of the class.

Im not anti-Force..hes done alot for the sport and has been at the top of his game for along time. However I agree the circus is pathetic but I guess it does breed money. I do have a serious problem watching the coverage and thats all you see...How about talking to some of the other guys who pour their heart, soul and money into this...Bode, Wilkerson, etc. They literally spent more time in the Pomona coverage talking to drivers who DONT even drive anymore than the ones who do. Im sick of it and if it continues im gonna tune out.

With all the turbo action going on in Pro Mod,do you think they will garner any coverage from the ESPN2 crew at the Gators? :D

I'm sorry Jack but my guess is no. I just read on another site that J. Force got a speeding ticket (62 in a 45 zone) in Waldo Fl. So I'm betting we hear all about that, instead of whats happening at the track.

The bad part is: It was in a known speed trap that AAA warns about:eek::eek:

The late broadcast was worth the wait.

Personally, I think they should condense all qualifying shows to 1 1/2 hours. Remarkably less foo-foo, and if you're a Pro Stock nut, this show's for you. I say give ESPN2 a hand for a job well done.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back