Pro Mod Coverage on Velocity (1 Viewer)

Terry

Nitro Member
Just curious. Has anyone else been catching the Pro Mod coverage now airing on Velocity? I think it's very well done, and makes for an action-packed half hour. And as always, Brett Kepner does a great job announcing. Velocity is on 246 on Dish, and combined with MAVtv, they are doing a great job of bringing a wide range of motorsports back to television after the demise of Speed. As I watch the Pro Mods on tv and after seeing them in person several times, I just have to ask, how can NHRA not see this diverse, exciting class as a viable avenue for pro racing? Nothing against the bikes, but I would much rather see the Pro Mods run. Great personalities, exciting, unpredictible action. Velocity is doing lots of repeats of the first two shows, so if you get a chance and get the channel, check it out and let me know what you think.
I have been riding motorcycles all my life, but unfortunately my feeling is that if I want to see bikes race, I'll go to a bike race....when I go to see cars race, I want to see cars, preferably something as interesting and exciting as the Pro Mods are.

I've set my DVR to catch them, I have 2 or 3 taped so far, so I'm looking forward to checking them out.

I had to keep reminding myself that I wasn't watching WWF. The only thing that could make it any worse would be Crash Gladys as an announcer...

Just curious. Has anyone else been catching the Pro Mod coverage now airing on Velocity? I think it's very well done, and makes for an action-packed half hour. And as always, Brett Kepner does a great job announcing. Velocity is on 246 on Dish, and combined with MAVtv, they are doing a great job of bringing a wide range of motorsports back to television after the demise of Speed. As I watch the Pro Mods on tv and after seeing them in person several times, I just have to ask, how can NHRA not see this diverse, exciting class as a viable avenue for pro racing? Nothing against the bikes, but I would much rather see the Pro Mods run. Great personalities, exciting, unpredictible action. Velocity is doing lots of repeats of the first two shows, so if you get a chance and get the channel, check it out and let me know what you think.
I have been riding motorcycles all my life, but unfortunately my feeling is that if I want to see bikes race, I'll go to a bike race....when I go to see cars race, I want to see cars, preferably something as interesting and exciting as the Pro Mods are.
we need pro mods or fuel bikes. gotta get rid of the PS motorcycle. I was with a first time fan in maple grove. he rides a bike. so he wanted to see the bikes run. he was unimpressed.....

I am not really a fan of the bikes either. However, I respect the effort it takes to put them together and race them and I am OK with NHRA providing them a venue to race. Besides, when I am wandering the pits or grabbing some refreshments and you hear them race down the track, it is a perfect alert that it is time to get back to your seats.

Channel 281 on Directv! I thought it was on MAvtv....... so i missed several episodes!
Crash is on the MavTv Tractor pulls,i mute it when she starts talking.....

I am not really a fan of the bikes either. However, I respect the effort it takes to put them together and race them and I am OK with NHRA providing them a venue to race. Besides, when I am wandering the pits or grabbing some refreshments and you hear them race down the track, it is a perfect alert that it is time to get back to your seats.
Chris, I agree totally with you about respect for the effort shown by all of the PSB contingent. And, there are no nicer racers in the pits to visit with and ask questions. They always take time and seem to appreciate the attention. I'm not a fan of the Harley effort, but Eddie K. is just great with fans. In a perfect world, maybe we could have both Pro Mods and Bikes at the professional level...maybe run Pro Mods as a pro category at the races the bikes don't run? But if a choice would have to be made, as a long time rider and motorcycle fan, I'd have to choose Pro Mod.

Ya know, I've been wondering if that's the Vince that drove the Mitsos A/A Corvette, wasn't sure on the last name. Vince, is that you? Having grown up with my dad running A/A, we were big fans of that car (although we're partial to altereds with roadster bodies :D)

I wish Direct T V would carry Velocity on their regular non H D lineup . I only get to watch it at home not on the road . It sucks !
I think the Pro Mod Races are the new group formed by three racers .
The Quick 8 cars are a staple around much of the country and quite popular .
They pale only next to the big show and are inexpensive enough to Match Race and are quite popular .

No Kidding! Not really sure what had him so riled up unless it was still the 50 lb NHRA added!

He was late by 6 hun, he tried to make it back but unfortunately he couldn't AND That run he set low ET of the weekend. Had he would've been a little better on the tree he would've got him. Just like with Erica in Pro Stock R2 on Sunday, if she didn't wiggle low at the start, she would've got Connolly, that's the only reason why DC won on a holeshot and I saw it.

I do feel like the episode did miss some stuff like I would've liked to see a little bit on the history of Pro Mod @RP which is very rich of a 25+ year heritage going back to the USSC. Hopefully they can do that segment for next year especially when it's RP 50th Anniversary.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back