2014 Pro Mod TV Schedule on Velocity (1 Viewer)

Great move, really Sam? Does it matter what time these shows will air? Did everybody actually "read" the press release? 10 consecutive weeks in 4th quarter. The Pro Mod season ends Oct. 27 in Vegas. By the time this show is put together, the Pro Mod season will be , for the most part, old news. With the Mater and ESPN3, Pro Mod fans will already have seen all of the news and races. While these are good intentions and may likely help racers possibly obtain sponsor exposure, this is nothing more than seeing a season review / highlights package spread out over 10 weeks. Might as well buy the DVD package after the season. Same result.
A TV show for Pro Mod shouldn't be aimed at Pro Mod fans, they will tune in regardless. It should be aimed at getting new people interested. I am wondering if with this timing they are actually going to turn it into something of a human interest series - imagine Street Outlaws with legitimate drag racing.
The timing is less important than the presentation. Hardcore fans are going to know the results instantly anyway via live timing and social media. But if you present it in an interesting way you are going to add a lot more fans to your series and THAT should be the goal of TV, not pleasing a minority of the population who need it the instant it happens.

Great move, really Sam? Does it matter what time these shows will air? Did everybody actually "read" the press release? 10 consecutive weeks in 4th quarter. The Pro Mod season ends Oct. 27 in Vegas. By the time this show is put together, the Pro Mod season will be , for the most part, old news. With the Mater and ESPN3, Pro Mod fans will already have seen all of the news and races. While these are good intentions and may likely help racers possibly obtain sponsor exposure, this is nothing more than seeing a season review / highlights package spread out over 10 weeks. Might as well buy the DVD package after the season. Same result.

I posted before I read that part of the press release. Sorry about that. :oops:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back