2014 NHRA Schedule (1 Viewer)

Wow 2 sessions on Friday? I wonder if they got the 3 PM curfew for the Fuel cars lifted?

Last edited:
o'reilly auto parts dropping winters
dollar general dropping 4-wides
phoenix, topeka, sonoma, & concord II remain w/o sponsor

With 18 TF and 20 FC's often showing up at both events, qualifying is easily done in one Friday afternoon/evening at Pomona.

One of NHRA's first moves to downsize the BIG SHOW. ;)

Darr, did NHRA get that 3 PM curfew lifted? Otherwise that is just a 4 hr. window!

Darr, did NHRA get that 3 PM curfew lifted? Otherwise that is just a 4 hr. window!

Joe, do the math... it's only forty nitro cars at best, if they can't turn a show like this around in a "4 hr. window", they aren't in show business!

Very few spectators show up for any Pomona BIG SHOW event before 3PM on a Friday, many people still have jobs - although mostly part-time. There really is no need for four nitro sessions any longer, NHRA will soon change it to an "all run" format.

Before the cookie cutter homogenization of NHRA drag racing, four sessions were needed, particularly at the Winternationals, but as fields get smaller and smaller the old traditions must die.

The middle of the schedule.....10 races in 12 weeks. Brutal.

Ron Capps retweeted someone today and posted it on his facebook and it said:

"Haha....RT @fromwestplum: 2014 NHRA schedule by the numbers: 45% of schedule in 14 weeks, other 55% takes 26 weeks #NoComment"

hope it's ok to copy a tweet

Joe, do the math... it's only forty nitro cars at best, if they can't turn a show like this around in a "4 hr. window", they aren't in show business!

Very few spectators show up for any Pomona BIG SHOW event before 3PM on a Friday, many people still have jobs - although mostly part-time. There really is no need for four nitro sessions any longer, NHRA will soon change it to an "all run" format.

Before the cookie cutter homogenization of NHRA drag racing, four sessions were needed, particularly at the Winternationals, but as fields get smaller and smaller the old traditions must die.

Darr, do the Math! Pro Stock, hello? 75 Min. Turnaround, how long have you followed this sport?

Darr, do the Math! Pro Stock, hello? 75 Min. Turnaround, how long have you followed this sport?

Joe, HELLO?

It might help if you didn't always jump to conclusions without the knowing the real facts...

Since you asked, my first Winternationals at Pomona was 1963, when have you attended Pomona?

I wish they wouldn't put a big gap either side of Indy. I plan on doing Brainerd and Indy next year but with 10 days in between its going to be costly. It is actually cheaper to be at the strip than it is doing the tourist thing. Hopefully the nostalgia circut is somewhere nearby on the off weekend otherwise might head to Florida and check out Garlits museum and Gainsville but I hear Florida is more expensive than New York. I would prefer to see as much racing as poss as it costs a lot just to get over there but I gotta do Indy one year and the 60th is as good a time as any I guess.

Last edited:
Hopefully the nostalgia circut is somewhere nearby on the off weekend otherwise might head to Florida and check out Garlits museum.....

You're in luck! The "World Series of Drag Racing" is in Cordova Illinois during the off weekend. It's the longest running drag race in the country... even older than Indy. The 2013 World Series, which was the 60th anniversary, just happened this past weekend. Cruz Pedregon won the AA/FC category in his new "California Charger" nostalgia FC. He beat Mike Minick (Chi-Town HUSTLER) In the final. I wasn't there this year but I followed along on the internet (streaming video) and it was a great event! ;)

You're in luck! The "World Series of Drag Racing" is in Cordova Illinois during the off weekend. It's the longest running drag race in the country... even older than Indy. The 2013 World Series, which was the 60th anniversary, just happened this past weekend. Cruz Pedregon won the AA/FC category in his new "California Charger" nostalgia FC. He beat Mike Minick (Chi-Town HUSTLER) In the final. I wasn't there this year but I followed along on the internet (streaming video) and it was a great event! ;)

Just shows I should think before I speak, watched a bit of it on bangshift last weekend. Sounds like a plan

Why you gotta bring up the past Brian?! Haha

Darren, you'll enjoy the World Series. Two days of racing (three if you stay for the sportsment finals on Sunday), a nice variety of classes and cars, and a much more laid back atmosphere where the teams and drivers are a little more approachable.

Speaking of Pomona, my son and I are headed out there this November for the finals, and I plan on getting tickets soon. Looks like the only four day packages are for the top eliminator club (too much $$$) and general admission. Is it worth it to get reserved seats, or is GA just fine?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back