2014 NHRA Schedule (1 Viewer)

Speaking of Pomona, my son and I are headed out there this November for the finals, and I plan on getting tickets soon. Looks like the only four day packages are for the top eliminator club (too much $$$) and general admission. Is it worth it to get reserved seats, or is GA just fine?

For the most part, a GA Ticket for Pomona is fine, but there is a lot to be said for returning to YOUR seat, however the reserved sections are to mid-track on the Eastern side of the strip and the Western "short" grandstands are considered beer-free (not free beer) Family grandstands.

My recommendation would be to buy a Reserved seat for Saturday and GA for Sunday, for most days you can upgrade to unsold Reserved seats as well.

Hey I used to sleep in the grandstands to reserve my seat at Pomona... :eek:

auto-club-raceway-pomona-ca__shawn.1295048639.jpg

Just shows I should think before I speak, watched a bit of it on bangshift last weekend. Sounds like a plan

Darren, back on 7/9/13 in your thread 'do any of you live in NY?', i posted
exactly what brian referred to.....
if and when back in states you should plan an august/september stay; hit
brainerd, cordova world series, then the nationals all in 3 weeks.
fly into minneapolis, fly out of indianapolis

You're in luck! The "World Series of Drag Racing" is in Cordova Illinois during the off weekend. It's the longest running drag race in the country... even older than Indy. The 2013 World Series, which was the 60th anniversary, just happened this past weekend. Cruz Pedregon won the AA/FC category in his new "California Charger" nostalgia FC. He beat Mike Minick (Chi-Town HUSTLER) In the final. I wasn't there this year but I followed along on the internet (streaming video) and it was a great event! ;)

(jfyi) Darren, There's also the big FC show in Marion Ohio. 20+ nostalgia F/Cs and some old Gassers.

Speaking of Pomona, my son and I are headed out there this November for the finals, and I plan on getting tickets soon. Looks like the only four day packages are for the top eliminator club (too much $$$) and general admission. Is it worth it to get reserved seats, or is GA just fine?

You can get a four day package with GA for Thursday and reserved for Friday-Sunday. That's what I do for both Pomona's. I find it better to contact NHRA directly rather than try to book on the website, other than renewals. By talking to a real person I'm able to get seats right where i want them. Thursday is GA only-no reserved seats.

For the most part, a GA Ticket for Pomona is fine, but there is a lot to be said for returning to YOUR seat, however the reserved sections are to mid-track on the Eastern side of the strip and the Western "short" grandstands are considered beer-free (not free beer) Family grandstands.

My recommendation would be to buy a Reserved seat for Saturday and GA for Sunday, for most days you can upgrade to unsold Reserved seats as well.

Hey I used to sleep in the grandstands to reserve my seat at Pomona... :eek:

auto-club-raceway-pomona-ca__shawn.1295048639.jpg

Those West grandstands at Pomona are CLOSE to the track! We always sit right on the starting line (Sec. C or D) on Sun. Sat we buy GA on the East and just move all along the fence throughout the day. Usually imbibing a few brews Sat....not so on Sun.

Why you gotta bring up the past Brian?! Haha

Hahaha, sorry about that Mike. I actually thought about that while typing my reply to Darren but I certainly didn't mean it in a negative way. Seeing the Chi-Town HUSTLER in the final round at the 60th World Series, with a Minick at the wheel was awesome. I was rooting for you to win! :)

NHRA Story » 2014 NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series schedule announced

Interesting the Winternationals will not have Pro qualifying on Thursday next year.

My understanding is that this change was in support of the improved Sportsman "experience". By getting all of the Sportsman qualifying and the initial rounds of eliminations done early, there will be just 8 or less cars in each category on Sunday. Any weather or track delays will still likely get the finals done that day, rather than having to come back on Monday.

I still can't believe that Englishtown is once again the same weekend that NASCAR is in Dover, DE. It makes no sense. Still preferable from a performance standpoint then being in mid-June, but I miss the third weekend in May in E'town. I know the number of people who would do E'town who go to Dover instead is minimal, but I still think they lose some people.

But love that Reading is back in October for the third straight year. Can't go because of work, but great performance to catch on tv.

I still can't believe that Englishtown is once again the same weekend that NASCAR is in Dover, DE. It makes no sense. Still preferable from a performance standpoint then being in mid-June, but I miss the third weekend in May in E'town. I know the number of people who would do E'town who go to Dover instead is minimal, but I still think they lose some people.

Years back the Reading race and Dover were the same weekend in Sept. That's when they used to have the Softball game and a few NASCAR drivers would always show up at Maple Grove. During oil downs they would show the race on Winston Vision as they were both show on TNN.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back