NHRA / Fox Race Coverage (1 Viewer)

Tom Slick

Nitro Member
Okay, I know that we've beaten the TV coverage like a dead horse in these very forums time and again, but I wanted to give a shout out to all that were involved with this weekends coverage before I make my comments about what I think should have been done differently.

I really enjoyed the 3 hours of nitro coverage. It was great to seen burnouts, pit coverage, interviews and more. The show didn't seem rushed and kept me wanting more. Great job NHRA!

Now this might sound stupid considering my comment above, but I would like to say that I thought it was very strange to highlight the Pro Mod wrecks, tell us viewers about the late June airing of the 30 minute specialty show and then go on to show us the finals of Pro Mod. Why not included what is arguably one of the most exciting classes in the NHRA (Pro Mod) in the Fox TV show, especially when Pro Stock car and Pro Stock motorcycle were not at the event. I understand that it would have taken some of the additional air time that I enjoyed from the TF and FC coverage, but the addition of the Pro Mods would have been pretty cool in my opinion.

The NHRA needs to realize that what they have in the Pro Mod class is being wasted keeping them as a side show. The cars are fast, competitive, unpredictable, not so cookie cutter, and just plain cool. I've always thought that the TV show should be TF, FC and PM, but that is just my opinion. Maybe next year the NHRA would consider adjusting the schedule to include Pro Mod when Pro Stock has an off weekend.

Anyway, kudos to the NHRA for a great show yesterday and hope to see a bump in big show Pro Mod coverage when available.

Someone is going to be very happy with your compliments above, lol. I am liking the changes they made this season. As far as pro mods I think they have always promoted them as those wild crazy ill handling beast so I'm not surprised they showed the crashes.

I dont usually watch the whole show, using FF to to get to the races. Like you, I have been pleased with the recent changes.
The only thing I tend to FF over now is the coverage of the power rankings.
I am not sure why, exactly, but it does seem to be not quite real.

Okay, I know that we've beaten the TV coverage like a dead horse in these very forums time and again, but I wanted to give a shout out to all that were involved with this weekends coverage before I make my comments about what I think should have been done differently.

I really enjoyed the 3 hours of nitro coverage. It was great to seen burnouts, pit coverage, interviews and more. The show didn't seem rushed and kept me wanting more. Great job NHRA!

Now this might sound stupid considering my comment above, but I would like to say that I thought it was very strange to highlight the Pro Mod wrecks, tell us viewers about the late June airing of the 30 minute specialty show and then go on to show us the finals of Pro Mod. Why not included what is arguably one of the most exciting classes in the NHRA (Pro Mod) in the Fox TV show, especially when Pro Stock car and Pro Stock motorcycle were not at the event. I understand that it would have taken some of the additional air time that I enjoyed from the TF and FC coverage, but the addition of the Pro Mods would have been pretty cool in my opinion.

The NHRA needs to realize that what they have in the Pro Mod class is being wasted keeping them as a side show. The cars are fast, competitive, unpredictable, not so cookie cutter, and just plain cool. I've always thought that the TV show should be TF, FC and PM, but that is just my opinion. Maybe next year the NHRA would consider adjusting the schedule to include Pro Mod when Pro Stock has an off weekend.

Anyway, kudos to the NHRA for a great show yesterday and hope to see a bump in big show Pro Mod coverage when available.
Pro mod isnt part of the mello yello series,prob why they wont show it all. I sure do miss pro stock tho. Coverage is getti g better, also miss sounds of the strip for a full fuel run from start to finish,nobody talking!!!!!

I dont usually watch the whole show, using FF to to get to the races. Like you, I have been pleased with the recent changes.
The only thing I tend to FF over now is the coverage of the power rankings.
I am not sure why, exactly, but it does seem to be not quite real.
Power ranking is cheesy and meaning less.

But the shows are getting better and I’m happy (as long as we don’t get bumped)

Pro Mods are a nice addition to the show coverage But..... If they are focusing on Nitro for a race that doesn't have P/S cars or bikes, Why not showcase the Nitro bikes? Plenty of time to do that.

I thought the coverage was pretty good, It would be cool if they showed the Pro Mods on the show when PS and PSM aren’t there.

I just don't understand why you guys limit yourself to what Fox thinks you want to see. Even with the issues All Access/NHRA.TV have had, I'd much rather watch that than the Fox coverage. So much more racing to watch. People bitching about the Fox program not running on time, getting bumped by other sports, announcer, lack of classes shown and whatever else. There is a much better option. Unless of course, your wives won't let you spend the money on it! 😂

I just don't understand why you guys limit yourself to what Fox thinks you want to see. Even with the issues All Access/NHRA.TV have had, I'd much rather watch that than the Fox coverage. So much more racing to watch. People bitching about the Fox program not running on time, getting bumped by other sports, announcer, lack of classes shown and whatever else. There is a much better option. Unless of course, your wives won't let you spend the money on it! 😂
I didnt care for all access,to much talking. Im going to try nhra.tv on a weekend pass and see if i like it,sure hope its good! Just waiting for pro stock to be invited back to the races so i can try this!

I didnt care for all access,to much talking.

Hey, Alan gets paid handsomely to bloviate like he does. 😁 Seriously, when you say too much talking, what do you mean? It's an all day affair. There is going to be a lot of talking. With that, comes WAY more racing action than Fox would ever dream of, or could, show.

Hey, Alan gets paid handsomely to bloviate like he does. 😁 Seriously, when you say too much talking, what do you mean? It's an all day affair. There is going to be a lot of talking. With that, comes WAY more racing action than Fox would ever dream of, or could, show.
Sorry should have gone more into that lol. To much talking DURING A RUN

Three hours of coverage for just the nitro classes is too long. To quote William Shakespeare, "Brevity is the soul of wit."
I dang sure don't want to spend three hours indoors when I've got things to be taken care of outside, especially with the beautiful weather we have going on here.
I always record the shows so I can fast forward through the commercials and any pit talk. Even then, the shows are still too long.

Three hours of coverage for just the nitro classes is too long. To quote William Shakespeare, "Brevity is the soul of wit."
I dang sure don't want to spend three hours indoors when I've got things to be taken care of outside, especially with the beautiful weather we have going on here.
I always record the shows so I can fast forward through the commercials and any pit talk. Even then, the shows are still too long.
Bristol is only a 2 hr show this sunday

I watch the NHRA.TV broadcast from Friday - Sunday and still watch the Fox show. Kind of a drag racing geek. Have been for 40 years since my dad took me to my first race at Irwindale when I was 6 years old.

The NHRA web site says Sunday is 3 hours... I'm so bad I watch it all, including the 30 minute edit, and sometimes still watch the shows a second time from my DVR Library on YouTube TV...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back