Kentucky Derby Time!!! (1 Viewer)

vegasnitro

Nitro Member
The most exciting 2 minutes in sports is back, and so is my take on how the race should run. The weather is going to play a huge factor in the race, as they are expecting 2.5 inches of rain between now and the post. :(

This year's horse you should not bet on no matter what: Devil May Care. This filly wouldn't have been the best horse in Friday's Oaks ... not even close for the Derby. Plus, since it is a filly, she will be WAY over bet so there will be no value for a horse that, on paper, doesn't belong.

My Pick: Lookin' At Lucky. Much the best on paper, the rail is a tough post draw, but he is a colt who is a headknocker and is not scared of a tough race. Only question is can he handle the slop?

Longshot Special: Mission Impazible. Proven over off tracks, should relish the extra distance, should be 20-1 or more on the board.

Get rich quick superfecta: Lookin' At Lucky, Super Saver, Mission Impazible, Sidney's Candy, Paddy O' Prado.

Sit back, drink a mint julep or three and enjoy the race!!!

I guess you have to be there, My Mom and sisters went there in '05 and they had a blast! But to see the 3-4 hour pre race build up for a 2 minute race? I don't get it...

I guess you have to be there, My Mom and sisters went there in '05 and they had a blast! But to see the 3-4 hour pre race build up for a 2 minute race? I don't get it...

IMHO, the pre-race 20 years ago was much better than it is now. You actually got to see more of and about the horses which is what it's all about.

cousin has been a couple of times - says it's great.
3-4 buildup for 2 minutes of racing.........similar to drag racing ;)

would be great to see the derby at least once.

There are 10 races before the Derby. PLUS, there is A LOT of people watchin' and mint julep drinkin' to do. :D

Pam and I are going to go one year. We have talked about it. I have been to Churchill Downs before but not during the derby.

Hey CC, how about ol' Calvin Borel?

Pam and I are going to go one year. We have talked about it. I have been to Churchill Downs before but not during the derby.

Hey CC, how about ol' Calvin Borel?

He has got the Derby figured out doesn't he? 3 out of the last 4.

I still believe Lookin' At Lucky to have been the best horse in the race, he got slammed into the rail in the first furlong, bumped about in both turns, had the door shut on him at the top of the stretch and still got back to 5th place. If he runs in the Preakness, there will be a nice price on him that's for sure.

The way Ice Box closed up to second, it did not appear distance will be an issue for him, so I believe him to be the horse to beat at the 1.5 mile Belmont Stakes.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back