Does anyone else have this problem? (1 Viewer)

jimbo

Nitro Member
For the second weekend in a row I taped the Sunday show on ESPN2 HD to watch in the evening. Cable provider is Time Warner and am using their DVR. Started to watch the race and the fast forward or reverse would not work, it just shows like stop action on the screen. Race day is ok in fast forward as are other shows I have recorded. Like I said same deal last week. Any thoughts?

I have no idea what you are dealing with. I DVR'ed the race with my Directv box and had no problems when I watched after the NASCAR race was over.

the only way I can make it through the broadcasts anymore is by DVRing it and using A LOT of fast-forwarding...fortunately it's working fine for me on U-verse, sounds like you need to make a tech support phone call to your cable company (oh the joy... :mad: )

the only way I can make it through the broadcasts anymore is by DVRing it and using A LOT of fast-forwarding...fortunately it's working fine for me on U-verse, sounds like you need to make a tech support phone call to your cable company (oh the joy... :mad: )

Thanks, That was What I trying to avoid!

For the second weekend in a row I taped the Sunday show on ESPN2 HD to watch in the evening. Cable provider is Time Warner and am using their DVR. Started to watch the race and the fast forward or reverse would not work, it just shows like stop action on the screen. Race day is ok in fast forward as are other shows I have recorded. Like I said same deal last week. Any thoughts?

I have a ton of problems with their dvrs, I reboot mine almost daily and it seems to take care of any problems. I am on my 3rd one in 2 years!

Ditto. Shut it down for 15 seconds then bring it back up. If the problem reoccurs have them replace the DVR with a NEW one, not a refurbished one.

They "upgraded" to the new Time Warner Navigator here months ago.It's nothing but hassles-I had 6 recorded shows either not tape at all and still show up on the list or record a few minutes of the show.

I got a new dvr,they replaced the cable to the house,put a booster in the house and it is still messed up.
Went to watch Wilkersons win yesterday-the damn thing recorded 3 minutes of the show!!!

I called again yesterday,got the "well yeah it takes awhile to get used to the new system"etc etc etc.

Needless to say I'm shopping for a new provider.

Jim everything works fine with my Direct TV DVR, no problems at all. You may want to see if Time Warner has an up graded DVR if yours is an older model OR if your contract is up you may want to look for another signal provider for your HDTV.

ummmm hey.. are you by any chance an umpire?

ummmm hey.. are you by any chance an umpire?

No relation but I wish I had a dollar for every time someone asked wether I wrote a book lately. James Joyce wrote Ulysies (spelling).
About the umpire my wife and I had just walked into the local thirst parlor when that game was just got over. Being frequent customers everybody knew us and they just started harrassing me. The game was over and being in Cleveland a post game show was on and the host kept talking about the play and saying JIm Joyce this and Jim Joyce that. My reaction to the play once I saw the replay was the umpire must have thought the pitcher bobbled the ball on first base and made his call. As time went on Joyce the umpire admitted he blew the call- how refreshing someone admitted a mistake. All concerned took it in stride and went on with their lives. The pitcher even got a new Corvette out of the deal!
Enough of that.
Oh yeah Time Warner replaced my DVR and the race in Norwalk fast forwarded ok! Thanks everybody

Make sure it's properly grounded My dad had several issues with his Dish Network DVR a few years ago. A tech came out and looked around and noticed the dish wasn't grounded like it should have been. After grounding everything properly the issues went away. I've noticed a lot of cable install guys skip proper grounding.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back